Blanket/Insulation

JohninWV

I have a one mobile tank that I use for chill filtration. It's not getting cool enough in our facility this summer so when I use the cooling jacket, I lose a lot to the ambient air. Is there some sort of insulation or jacket that I can buy or rig up to help with the chilling?

I have a one mobile tank that I use for chill filtration. It's not getting cool enough in our facility this summer so when I use the cooling jacket, I lose a lot to the ambient air. Is there some sort of insulation or jacket that I can buy or rig up to help with the chilling?

I used foil backed insulation from my local refrigeration supply house. 4' x 75' roll. Worked great.

Talk to your local pool supply store about buying large cuts of 1/2 inch insulating foam. That way you can put it on as you need it.

Talk to your local pool supply store about buying large cuts of 1/2 inch insulating foam. That way you can put it on as you need it.

John,

If you are planning to use this tank constantly for chill filtering you should insulate it with some good insulation covered by a sheathing to protect it from abbrasion and moisture. I would recommend ceramic wool maybe an inch thick and a sheathing wrapped tight. Attached with rivets so you could easily remove it later by simply drilling the rivets and this leaves you with the option of re-applying the sheathing again with rivets. It would look great with about $400 in copper embossed sheets wrapped around, but simple and cheap aluminum or stainless steel would do nicely too.

IMHO,

Jester