Equipment Manufactors

coop

I was just wondering how many of us are using the Baverian/Holstien stills? I have some operating questions to ask others using this equipment. Ours is a 300L 16 plate still. Thanks, Coop :rolleyes:

Hello

We have a still from B.H., the still has 16 plates and is 1200L. My cell is 231-510-8502 if you want to call.

Kent

• 2 weeks later...
Good morning Coop,

We have a 600 L , 12 plate , Bavarian-Holstein.

My number is 978.281.2282

Bob

Well Bob I just made a rectifying run with my modifications to the still. It worked, no build up at all. It was only a 200L run to make my gin and their was absolutely no build up of alcohol in the second column. What you need to do is take a piece of high temp hose and put it on to the drain back pipe inside the still. The one from the second column only. The hose is to be long enough so that the end is always in the liquid and not higher than the liquid in the still. Since the pipe is below liquid level then no vapor can cause the second column to back up. Worked great. Made the 200L run in three hours. Coop :P

Hello

We have a still from B.H., the still has 16 plates and is 1200L. My cell is 231-510-8502 if you want to call.

Kent

Well Ken I just made a rectifying run with my modifications to the still. It worked, no build up at all. It was only a 200L run to make my gin and their was absolutely no build up of alcohol in the second column. What you need to do is take a piece of high temp hose and put it on to the drain back pipe inside the still. The one from the second column only. The hose is to be long enough so that the end is always in the liquid and not higher than the liquid in the still. Since the pipe is below liquid level then no vapor can cause the second column to back up. Worked great. Made the 200L run in three hours. Coop

• 2 weeks later...

Coop, What hose did you use and what length? Does it make contact with the Pot? How about your agitator?

Also, We are having problems with getting no condensate for the plates on the taller column. The clarifying column.

The vapor runs up through to the stripping column where the deflagmator condenses for that column. We actually get only one plate active. 5th from the pot.

Any comments,

Thanks, Bob

Coop, What hose did you use and what length? Does it make contact with the Pot? How about your agitator?

Also, We are having problems with getting no condensate for the plates on the taller column. The clarifying column.

The vapor runs up through to the stripping column where the deflagmator condenses for that column. We actually get only one plate active. 5th from the pot.

Any comments,

Thanks, Bob

Bob I added about 14" of rubber tubing to the return line and it does touch the very bottom but just a little and we have no problem with missing the agitator as it is way off to the side. They suggested to us to fill the plates with water just before starting the run but since I am getting about 194 to 196 on my rectifying run I seen no reason for doing that. The condensate does not build up in the first column like it does in the second column but all the column is wet, but all four plates on the second one fill up and bubble like crazy. If you would like I can send you a photo tomorrow. Coop