Drinking Problem

Curtis McMillan

• 1 year later...

In all seriousness, I have been to way too many micros where the day was filled with drinking. I have heard this from others as well. Drinking has no place in the production area of a distillery. If you have to taste the distillate to run a still, you have no business running one. A still is run by sight and smell.

If you have to taste the distillate to run a still, you have no business running one. A still is run by sight and smell.

I respectfully disagree, I have met many that can operate by smell and sight alone, I personally can come close, but find taste to be more accurate.

Now there is a great deal of difference between tasting and drinking, you do not need to drink in order to taste. a single drop on the tongue is sufficient.

Abusing any product, wether you make it or not, is the issue. Having had a past experience of abusing alcohol and 25 years of non-abuse, I decided to go into this business and continue to choose not to abuse alcohol, mine or anyother. It's a choice I make daily and my choice alone.

If one is too many and 100 is not enough, get help and /or find another vocation.