Fruit Flys

coop

Shop Vac. We have had a fruit fly problem the last week. We put out some fermenting wine in a small bucket and set up a shop vac nearby. Every time we walk by we turn on the vac and suck up all the flies. After two days no more fruit flies. We also hosed down and cleaned everything and made sure there was nothing available for them to lay their eggs on to stop the breeding cycle.

I was just wondering how others are controlling fruit fly's? I have had an increased amount over the last few weeks. Does any one know if the blue colored fly traps relay work? Thanks, coop ;)

Shop Vac. We have had a fruit fly problem the last week. We put out some fermenting wine in a small bucket and set up a shop vac nearby. Every time we walk by we turn on the vac and suck up all the flies. After two days no more fruit flies. We also hosed down and cleaned everything and made sure there was nothing available for them to lay their eggs on to stop the breeding cycle.

Thanks will do the same thing. Coop

Foaming chlorinated caustic, rinse well. Elminate the food source (hence the cleaning). Most of your CIP chemical suppliers should be able to provide you with something cheap/free (depending on how much you use from them. Obviously don't spray this onto a barrel, or an electric panel, or......you get the picture.

Guest Liberty Bar - Seattle

John, what works even better is the same method, but with sweet vermouth. Not the best use for vermouth - but useful all the same.

I don't work for Lowe's or Hot Shot, and this product may be selling your soul to the devil, but I've used them a lot. I don't know how they work , but they WORK. Hang one up and twenty four hours later you will not see another fruit fly for months.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=prod...&lpage=none