Hello from Six and Twenty Distillery

Six and Twenty Distillery is submitting it's TTB application TODAY! Amazing!

We're in beautiful Powdersville South Carolina, right near two other recent start-ups; Dark Corner in Greenville and Palmetto Moonshine in Anderson. I think we're on the verge of having our own little Whisky strut right here in the Upstate!

We'll be at the ADI soiree in Louisville in April and we're looking forward to meeting all you smart folks who have been sharing their hard-earned knowledge with the rest of us. It's our hope that we can do the same with the folks that are entering the market behind us.

Cheers to all!

David Raad

Robert Redmond

Completely off topic, what is the meaning of "Six and Twenty" in your parts. I am ex-Navy and in the British Navy handbook, its was the minimum size for an old navel longboat, six men standing, and twenty on the oars. Arrrrrrrggggghhhhhh.

• 2 weeks later...

Completely off topic, what is the meaning of "Six and Twenty" in your parts. I am ex-Navy and in the British Navy handbook, its was the minimum size for an old navel longboat, six men standing, and twenty on the oars. Arrrrrrrggggghhhhhh.

That's pretty cool and something we totally missed. Looks like we need to include the ex-navy market in our engagement plan!

Our naming came naturally, so to speak. In our area, formerly the center of the Cherokee Indian territory, they named locations based on the distance from a spiritual landmark of the Cherokee nation; Issaquenna Falls. Common town and river names are Six Mile, Three Mile, Ninety Six, Eighteen Mile Creek, etc. Since our distillery is exactly six and twenty miles from the falls as the crow flies, we stuck with Six and Twenty.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey,

I'm just down the road (more or less via I85) from you in Lawrenceville, GA.

I'd like to see your set up sometime.

When you get to a closed loop cooling rather than city water, I can give you some suggestions and costs.

I know around Anderson, SC they are constricting water use in places (I know one plant that had to put Johnny on the Spots outdoors becasue they weren't allowed to flush water in the summer).

Welcome and I hope to meet you some day!