Those of you without a CIP system

Tailwinds

Sorry if this seems to be a redudant topic, but there seems to be a lot on what to use but not on how to use it...

How are you cleaning your columns without a CIP system?

We have a 100 gallon Vendome. Stainless pot, copper column with six trays, stainless lyne arm condenser and parrot.

I have the basics: rinse, caustic, rinse, acid, rinse

Maybe passivation of the stainless...

Application seems to be the tricky part. Each tray a removable face plate so I do have small access.

We run molasses and agave washes.

Thinking a garden weed type sprayer with heated mixed solution sprayed directly allowed to sit and then rinsed????

Any suggestions????

IMHO, that's a dangerous way to handle it.

If I were you, I"d do one of two things. Either I'd find a reputable welder with experience with copper in your area, and have them cut holes in your still to install spray balls in the pot as well as over each plate.

Or, I'd call vendome and as them to fabricate a spray ball and plate assembly that can replace the windows above your plates one at a time for circulating cleaner using a pump. Your column windows are Triclamp, right? Should be easy to fabricate a triclamp and spray ball assembly to fit into that opening.

If you're running molasses in that thing, you're going to need a cip system to keep your life from becoming utter hell.

All my opinion, of course.

as them to fabricate a spray ball and plate assembly that can replace the windows above your plates one at a time for circulating cleaner using a pump. Your column windows are Triclamp, right? Should be easy to fabricate a triclamp and spray ball assembly to fit into that opening.

Thank you, Violent Blue. That photo is what I was trying to describe in the above quote. You could clamp that right into a handway on your column, Tailwinds, and connect it to a pump. Make sure you have a vent to protect against pressure and vacuum, and there's your CIP circuit, at least for your column. Don't know what openings you have on the pot itself.