Previews of Affordable Distilling's Pro Series Mash Tuns and Fermenters

Below are some preview photos of our Pro line of Mash Tuns and Fermenters. I am still working out the final designs with the manufacturer. The drawing is of our 600 gallon Mash Tun. The Mash Tun with the agitator is of a 200 gallon capacity and is insulated and with a steam jacket. The mash tun with the manway on the side is 150 gallon, has a perforated false bottom, CIP unit and sparge arm with a sparge ball. It can be heated with RIMS or HERMS, we will supply that equipment as well. The conical fermenter is of a 200 gallon capacity. We will also have open top and closed top square fermenters that have water jackets for cooling in capacities of up to 1,000 gallons.

The 150 gallon mash tun looks interesting to me. But if you are planning to post availability of new equipment here, I think we would all be interested to know more about your business and who you are, how manufactured or sourced, etc. Do you have a web site?

I think the Chinese writing on the walls might be a good indicator of the source. If you're interested in doing some comparison shopping, try www.alibaba.com and search for mash tuns.

No lack of suppliers to choose from, and I'm sure a nice range of prices. If OP is just acting as a broker for one these companies, I don't have any problem paying extra for a middleman... provided they have a proven track record with the supplier, they offer a warranty on the products, guarantee on-time delivery, and actually have the financial means to absorb the costs themselves if something does go wrong.

Hi Bluestar

My name is Paul Hall. My wife Teresa and I have a 42 acre farm near Alton MO: tiny town, middle of nowhere, a wonderful place to live. The Dear hunting is great and the Turkey will run you over if you aren't careful. Our closest neighbor is 3/4 of a mile away and the 2nd closest is 2 miles away. There is a trophy trout stream called the Eleven Point River 2.2 miles from our house. We purchased land for our distillery along 160 highway which is about 2.5 miles away. State route 160 is considered one of the best scenic motorcycle roads in the Ozarks. The Eleven point is a National scenic river, so it is part of the National Park System. My wife and I moved here from New River AZ in 1995. I had a landscaping business in Carefree and Scottsdale AZ for 10 years, but it was to much city for us. I come from a sawmilling, logging, tobacco growing family in The Great Smokey Mountains. I cut timber here for a couple of years, then we started a very small sawmill with very little money. Now it has grown into a very good business, and is going strong wile most of the big mills are failing. We manufacture Cedar Closet Lining, Cedar Flooring and Moldings for Closets. We sell to do DIYS and Contractors all over the US through our web sites. We are members of the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating. We have been in business since 1997 and we have never had a single complaint with the BBB. We have 6 employees and we buy logs from 7 or 8 loggers, and there are 2 band mills that custom saw for us. They are small mom and pop mills. Also, we export cedar logs lumber and cants to China, South Korea and the Dominican Republic. I have owned businesses my whole life and I have always strived to give my customers a great product at a wonderful price. Our Distilling Equipment Web site should be up by Sunday afternoon unless I run into problems. I will post a link as soon as it is up. Here are a couple of our web sites http://cedar-closet-linings.com and http://red-cedar-export.com Click on the BBB logo on the first site. I'm not trying to advertise wood products here. The links are to help answer Bluestar's question about who I am. We will be sourcing our distilling equipment from the U.S. China and Europe plus building some of it ourselves. There will be top quality equipment for those that want it and safe, simple inexpensive distilling equipment for those who are on a tight budget. Affordable Distilling Equipment will soon be a member of the BBB. We will work diligently to make our customers happy and give them the products that they want and deserve. Bluestar, I hope this helps you understand who I am. If you would like to talk about liquor and or equipment give me a call some time.

Best Regards

Paul

Mash,

We will have all of the pricing on our web site. I will post the web site link on here Sunday evening if everything goes well. I will go ahead and give you a price on our 600 gallon steam jacketed, insulated mash tun with 3hp agitator .366inch thick stainless steel boiler and 16inch manway. price $23,000.00 free delivery anywhere in the continental US. Our 150 gallon mash tun has

• 304 stainless steel construction.

• 61" tall without the lid

• 1-1/2" Drain Valve

• False Bottom

• 13.8" Manway for cleaning out the spent grain above the false bottom.

• Clamp Down Lid with a port for a CIP Spray Ball

• Tri Clamp fittings

Price: $2,668.80

Options:

Sparge Arm with Sparge Ball, includes gaskets and 1.5" TC clamps for attaching to the Mash Tun $100.00

CIP Spray Ball. This Spray Ball fits the 3" CIP port on the lid of the Mash Tun. $39.00

This Mash Tun can be set up for RIMS or HERMS. We will be producing the RIMS equipment ourselves. I don't have a price yet. The Rims equipment will be built from copper and it will look very nice.

I have my site up. The URL is http://distillery-equipment.com/ Please check back often as we will be adding products every week. I will be adding all copper stills with reflux towers to the site this weekend. We just added a journeyman machinist to our team. He has began work on our first Plate Column.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Paul,

Just a minor query on pricing. From your listing above I noticed the 600 gall mash tun at $23,000 and the similarly configured 150 gall tun at the very specific price of $2,668.80. It seems a somewhat disparate level of pricing for equipment that differs only in size, unless I am missing something critical.

I've noticed this on Alibaba and other Alibaba-sourced still suppliers. Can you shed some light on why some equipment leaps in price so dramatically?

Thanks and congratulations on your new venture.

The 600 gallon Mash tun and the 150 gallon mash tun are not similarly configured at all. The 600 gallon mash tun has a steam jacket and is configured as a boiler or cooker, like the drawing and the last picture in my original post. The 150 gallon mash tun has no steam or cooling jacket and is fired by RIMS or HERMS. It is in the first photo in my original post. It is more for those who want to distill from wort. It is also the type that Brewers use.

Thank you for the congratulations.

• 1 year later...

Hello Shindig,

We have 150 gallon mash tuns with insulation, agitation, steam jacket and cooling. For a quote including shipping email me directly paul@distillery-equipment.com. We also sell low pressure steam boilers now and lots of other equipment and parts, including steam jacketed stills, bubble plate columns and pumps etc. I am still working on the replacement for my ugly old web site that has not been updated in over 2 years. I have been so busy designing, building and selling equipment that I have not had allot of time to work on my web site, but we hope to have it finished soon. I will let everyone know when it is ready.