Bar top Corking maching

Kevin Dunbar

I ran in to this company making a very interesting table top - bar top application machine..... here is the youtube video of the machine and the guy's contact information....I think they are around $3,500......tell him Kevin at Tapi sent you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj0oAiUqmIw

Address

CCR Engineering

519 main rd.

Johns island, sc 29455

Please call or email any questions p/n 843-559-9533 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting skype-ie-addon-data://res/numbers_button_skype_logo.pngFREE 843-559-9533 end_of_the_skype_highlighting to Bill Kahler

• 3 years later...

This may be an old post but we are still in production! Several years later and we have yet to have a return or a single machine. Our line has been expanded to include a series of corkers for different needs as well as a new adapter kit to fit the corker to an automated conveyor line. Here are some fresh links to the videos:

Let us know if we can help with anything

CCR Engineering
www.Designccr.com
519 Main rd.
Johns Island, SC 29455
843-559-9533

• 1 year later...

Here's a prototype manual corker I put together.  Works as a proof of concept, but would be better off if it were machined and assembled with something better than titebond II.  The block on the lower right pushes the t-top into the opening where it rests on top of the bottle. The plunger pops it into place.  I've talked with Race Label a little bit about putting together a production model.  If there is interest I'll pursue it further.

20170713_113447.jpg.afdb704ebd2d45e31fbb04d5fce3986f.jpg

I  think you have a point, Silk City!

I insert the cork slightly by hand, then use a lever action device I built to insert it all the way. Similar concept to the capper posted by Humulus. However, mine does not require lifting the bottle onto it. Just slide the bottle along the table, into position, pop it in with the lever, and done. Very fast and easy.

In addition to manually loading the machine, the guy in the video also had to manually "space out" the bottles.

Jedd Haas, care to share a pic of what you built?

We aren't so lucky as to have closures that are so easily inserted by hand. We've been doing them that way for the last two years but your hands are pretty sore by the end of a bottling run. It's definitely not the quickest part of our process currently.

I highly recommend the CCR corkers.  It's not easy for a smaller guy to stomach spending +$3k on something just to put corks in, but it's by far my favorite piece of equipment I've purchased to date.

On 7/13/2017 at 7:38 PM, Silk City Distillers said:

I gotta ask.

Doing this by hand, it's the fastest process in the bottling line.

Looking at some of these machines, they look to be considerably slower.  Especially the ones that look like you need to manually load the slotted feeder.

What an I missing?

Work-related injuries to hands and wrists due to long-term repetitive motion.

We've been using the CCR Model A corker for some time now. A very good investment for us. No more complaints of sore hands/wrists.

On 7/15/2017 at 6:49 AM, bluestar said:

Work-related injuries to hands and wrists due to long-term repetitive motion.

As if i could have planned this incident, but on Friday I had a bottle shatter while inserting a t-top.  25 stitches and entirely too much wasted time in the ER.  I just stopped by Race Labeling Concepts with my plywood concept to have them build a prototype corker.  The labeling machines that Race builds are amazing, so I'm anxious to see what they come up with.

The accident itself was presumably due to a bottle having micro defects.  I've capped thousands of bottles by this point, so nothing I did was out of the ordinary. But if 0.001% of the bottles had a similar defect, we're still exposing ourselves to entirely too much risk.

20170714_185909.jpg

29 minutes ago, fstmatt said:

As if i could have planned this incident, but on Friday I had a bottle shatter while inserting a t-top.  25 stitches and entirely too much wasted time in the ER.  I just stopped by Race Labeling Concepts with my plywood concept to have them build a prototype corker.  The labeling machines that Race builds are amazing, so I'm anxious to see what they come up with.

The accident itself was presumably due to a bottle having micro defects.  I've capped thousands of bottles by this point, so nothing I did was out of the ordinary. But if 0.001% of the bottles had a similar defect, we're still exposing ourselves to entirely too much risk.

Wow that sucks!  I had the top of a bottle cave in a few months back when hand bottling, and it only gave me a scare. Tens of thousands of bottles and that's the only time it ever happened. With the CCR corker I require anyone using it to wear eye protection due to the possibility of glass shattering or the occasional T-top that bounces out due to something being out of alignment upon activation.

I purchased a Model A CCR machine last year and have not been disappointed, I wish I would have splurged and went with the Model D with the hopper on it. Still beats the hell out of hand application or using a rubber mallet. 

On 7/20/2017 at 11:58 AM, StonesRyan said:

fstmatt, that looks like it was/ is painful. Speedy recovery!

Surprisingly not that painful unless someone (my kids) kick the stitches directly. Not that I've experienced that. Every night this week...

Just a antidote as to how great Race Labeling is to work with: I cut my hand last Friday, spoke with Mark on Tuesday (showed him my prototype), and he expects to have a working model ready by Monday.  I'll post it when it's ready, but I can't endorse Race enough.

Anyone using the CCR Model C? Hand soreness is definitely our number one complaint on the bottling line, but I'm wondering if the savings for the manual corker are worth it.