Distillate from High Fructose Corn Syrup

Jim J

Has anyone considered using High Fructose Corn Syrup for neutral spirits. We are looking at offering a line of Flavored products such as "Cinnamon Shine" or Blackberry Shine".

Don't think this stuff is good for anything else, once fermented and distilled off would it not make a clean spirit with no milling?

The corn belt is a dry hole, the drought has ruined the corn harvest. It's gonna cost us all, especially me since I'm about to go live. I'm not sure what you mean by

" once fermented and distilled off would it not make a clean spirit with no milling? "

We currently have a small batch fermenting, it is not as vigurous as a straight sugar wash. We are looking at HFCS to elimate the need for handling and milling grains, and dealing with the left overs once distilled.

Just curious if anyone else had tried or even considered this before. I don't want to try and re-create the wheel. I appreciate the input.

• 3 years later...

I know I'm playing thread necromancer here, reviving a 3 year old thread...but...

The "feedstock" blurb on a Vodka label, ie, "made from grain", "made from potatoes" etc...in the case of Corn Syrup, what would that blurb have to say in accordance with TTB directives?

I know of several ethanol producers in Illinois, they make HFCS at the same location, different building.

Could the bottle of vodka still state "made from grain" or "made from corn"?