Absinthe Contract Distilling

Silverhair01

Hello everyone, I've been in the brainstorming stages recently trying to figure out what path I should take. I've always enjoyed a good absinthe. As I read about cost of startup plus time of licensing I have come to the conclusion that I should probably start out with some contract distilling to at least get started and then eventually start my own distillery in the future.

Through all the reading im doing, I see a lot of people who started with contracts with foreign distilleries for their absinthe. Are there any domestic distilleries who do contract distilling? I can't seem to find them. I did contact one foreign distillery and they weren't even interested and didn't even give me the time of day. I think maybe they didn't understand my intentions.

Anyway, a quick glimpse of what I'd like to do:

Start an absinthe label of my own - start a distillery of my own - incorporate that into a restaurant/bar

any help with contract distillers would be great. I can find artisan distillers in my area but most are all doing whiskey and gin and I don't even know where to begin finding a domestic contract.

Thanks a lot!

Jason