Three cheers for AlcoDens

Blackheart

Good stuff gets good praise and AlcoDens is a good product in my book.

Dont know how many others out there use it, but I found it to be a valuable tool in our production process. Easy to use, cheap, and pretty much spot on every time. Isnt that what every piece of equipment should be?

The app's designer is responsive and followed up pretty quick with any and all questions.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the kind words guys!

My apologies for using this forum for this, but I want to bring to your attention that when working with densities in version 2.4 under some circumstances the number of decimal places got messed up. The density value was correct but it was just cut off a bit short. This is fixed in version 2.5. This is a free upgrade (as are all upgrades) for registered users.

A great product. Each version gets easier to use.

How do I get the update ?

Great product btw !!!

I had the same question but managed to sort it

Just click to download the latest version as if you are going to purchase it.

It pretty well loads itself and you won't be asked to pay.

Sorry flip2spin23, I will put some instructions on the website for this. PeteB is spot on - just download the latest version and install it. It will link itself to your existing icons and license key. It's actually quite simple, but I need to tell people how to do it. If you need to install it on a different computer please see the "Installing Registration Key" entry in the Help file index.

And congratulations on the Best of Class award for your Moonshine. I would like to think that AlcoDens freed you from hassling with the calculations and gave you more time to create the award winning spirit ;)

• 3 months later...

In Australia all our records and reporting are done in %ABV at 20c.

Our local hydrometers cost about $250 each so I purchased some good quality Proof ones from US at about $50 each including freight. They are twice as sensitive as the $250 ones.

I set Alcodens input to Proof at 60F and everything else is at ABV at 20.

So easy to use, and I won't get so upset next time I break a hydrometer

• 3 weeks later...

whiskeytango, it is something we have looked at, but it won't be available any time soon. We do have Mac users who are using it successfully via a Windows emulator running on the Mac (I think it is called Parallels) but that does add to the cost if you need the emulator for only one program.

Check out VirtualBox, which is now owned by Oracle, for running Windows on the Mac. (I tried Parallels previously; there were constant problems and the support is non-existent). I have been using VirtualBox for running AlcoDens with great results.