News from Trident Stills

Made in Maine

Hey Folks,

We hope everyone had a great time at the ADI Conference! Four of our customers/friends produced AWARD WINNING spirits!! Congratulations Deerhammer Distilling (Down Time Single Malt Whiskey - GOLD medal and their Whitewater Whiskey Moonshine Bronze medal!); Dancing Tree Distillery (Silver medal Gin!); Still The One Distillery (Jarhead Gin - Bronze medal!) and Sweetgrass Farm Distillery (Back River Gin - Bronze Medal!) Way to go everyone!

We have just delivered a turnkey DSP package to Arkansas and are currently building a 600 gallon steam jacketed still. In addition we will be setting up a 180 gallon leased still In New Hampshire-this is a first for us. Just helping out a customer with their immediate growing pains.

For those of you who haven't seen the American-made, quality stills and equipment, crafted right here in New England - check out our updated website at http://tridentstills.com We are entering our busy season, so lead times are about 8-10 weeks - well worth the wait for MADE IN USA equipment for YOUR award winning recipes!

In Great Spirits,

Trident Stills

Congrats to the winners, nice looking stuff.

Fixed your link for ya http://www.tridentwelding.com/

PS: I just check the "whoIs" database and no one owns tridentstills.com. You might want to go buy that domain quick before someone cyber squats on it and charges you an arm and leg for it. You can buy it through any domain company.

Another note, it sure would be nice to see the pricing on the website. I understand how things can change, but a general starting price would be nice to see.

Another note, it sure would be nice to see the pricing on the website. I understand how things can change, but a general starting price would be nice to see.

Panascope,

We have considered posting pricing on our website but decided against it, and here's why:

We actually like talking to our customers. We get it - you have cashed in the 401k, raided the kids' college funds and maybe quit the 9-5 to pursue a dream. You have visited some distilleries, taken a course or two and even tried out some recipe ideas with your family and friends. You know that given the opportunity, you can create a great product which will provide you with a comfortable income and maybe even some industry recognition. We get it, we are right here in the U.S.A. with you, feeling proud of our American-made products and the camaraderie of making quality spirits.

We don't post our pricing because we don't want to have just a transaction with you. We want to hear about your ideas, your dreams, and your plans. By sharing those with us, we can help tailor products specifically to your needs. We will help you figure out what you need to get started, when you should upgrade, how you can accomplish your goals in the order you want to reach them - without charging you a penny more than necessary. When it is time to deliver, we'll give you some build pictures if you desire ~ we know, it's just like having a baby and we are as excited as you are!

Of course, it would be easier to just post shiny pictures with price tags, but we pride ourselves in taking the extra time with every single customer to be sure it is a unique and special experience. We will never have a 1-800 number where you can't get answers to your questions. You'll never feel like you got a mass-produced unit from half-way around the world. We will likely come visit you after delivery, whether you need us or not. We get excited when you succeed and want to share that experience with you.

So, we don't post prices. We can quickly get you an accurate quote to what you need. We are craftsmen that have our hands on every piece of equipment we build and deliver, we are likely never going to be the lowest price on the market...But we'd sure hate for that to be the reason we missed the opportunity to hear your story.

In Great Spirits,

Jes ~ Trident Stills

http://www.tridentstills.com

• 2 weeks later...

I could access your site once. All the pictures were half cut off. When I tried to refresh everything went blank. Tried the tridentwelding site as well and the same thing happened. Now when I try it just goes to a blanke page from the get go. Will empty the cache and try again but there is something a little "buggy" going on.

btw, Like your products and will talk to you in the near future hopefully.

• 5 months later...

I'm anxious to see my chiller system supplying the cooling water for your mash exchanger to our mutual customer down the road. I was hoping it would be this year, but time is running out before the snow falls!

• 2 weeks later...

While I can appreciate your desire to talk one on one at the very least ballpark pricing should be offered. Not all of us have cashed in our 401ks and are very busy working our asses off to bring this dream to reality. I'm working 60+ hours a week and like to surf the web in the evening when I have the time. I would like to know more about your company and products/pricing but prefer to check it out on my schedule.

Your assumptions about your clientele are off base and actually a little offensive and derogatory. The money I have managed to save over the years that I can now afford to spend did not come from a 401k. It came from(and still is)a very hard work ethic and being a damn fine carpenter. And intelligent use of that money. No one matched a penny for me. I never raided a college fund.

That being said I would like to know more about your stills and obvious craftsmanship.

Could you PM me some info? haybooner@aol.com

That being said I would like to know more about your stills and obvious craftsmanship.

Could you PM me some info? haybooner@aol.com

I can't really comment on your gripes with the lack of published pricing, but I would submit that you take into account how easily tones and intentions are skewed on the interwebs. Jesse Lupo of Trident Stills is as legit and down to earth a guy that you'd ever come across. His stills and related equipment might be a fit for you, or maybe not. Tough to know without a conversation since so many pieces can be completely custom. I will say though, when I was in the market for a larger stripping still, of the 4 manufacturers that I approached, none had their prices published anywhere.

You're welcome to roll up to Deerhammer (we're just up the road from you in BV) and check out our Trident still - we've got a 600 gallon jacketed pot still from them. I'd be happy to chat and share opinions with you about anything/everything distillery related.

Deerhammer, I'm sure Jesse is a great guy the wording he used just put me off. His equipment does look nice. Sounds like you are happy with it. I will roll up when I get the chance.

Deerhammer, I'm sure Jesse is a great guy the wording he used just put me off. His equipment does look nice. Sounds like you are happy with it. I will roll up when I get the chance.

Woodshed,

I sure didnt mean to put anyone off. I have a straight down list of pricing for the base still from 50 gallon to 600 gallons. with that I also have some menu like choices for the add ons. I like to chat with a customer and see what product they intend to produce and what scale they are thinking on. I find that most are surprised to find they can scale up because of some options that I offer. I am glad to just shoot a price to the too busy, but I am working 60 hours on a short week and will make 15 minutes for about anyone from the "starting my business plan" to the "got a handful of money and want to buy now". I appreciate Lenny's kind words...great guy himself and cant wait to meet him for a drink sometime.

so...for those that want to know-Base price for a complete still any heating option:

50 gallon-$ 15k

100 gallon-$30k

200 gallon-$38k

300 gallon-$41k( noticing a pattern now?)

400 gallon-$44k

500 gallon-$47k

600 gallon-$50k

These are the prices currently....and have been for about 4 years now. I dont see them changing anytime soon. I love this business and am not far from opening my own here in Maine. I will always build equipment...Its my passion and I have a great crew of apprentices. any questions or comments- 207-416-9353. 6am-11pm EST. yeah...I dont sleep much. :)

Thanks so much for your reply Jesse. From what I've seen on your website you are quite the craftsman.

I was probably a little testy when I wrote that. Got 4 custom houses going right now and everyone wants them done yesterday. 21,000 sq. ft. of houses. That's a lot of high end finish work and I'm stretched pretty thin. Thanks again. Will make my way over to Lenny's when I get a moment. Nothing like seein it first hand.