Brew house

Tesstony

Is any equipment from a micro-beer brewery translate to a distillery?

http://www.collarcityauctions.com/11172008...nDay/index.html

Oh GOD no!

You could never use a brewery mash tun to make a whiskey wash, they're simply incompatible. And beer fermenters cannot ferment washes intended for distilling. Again, TOTALLY different. You'd better contact Vendome or Christian Carl for a complete system quote.

Goodness gracious, you are dramatic. Nothing wrong with using beer fermenters for distilleries; I am familiar with folks who do. a tank is a tank is a tank...use a fiberglass tank, use a 55 gallon steel drum, use a hdpe tank, use a glass tank, I know distilleries who are using each one (yeah, even the glass one). I know nothing of whiskey washes, but I don't see how ngs and rum would be incompatible.

In fact, equipment from a microbrewery is ideal because it will have temperature controls already on it, in case you need to control the fermentation temperature. Plus if it's a good deal, you could use those stainless tanks as holding tanks. If anyone here has some used, good condition tanks from a microbrewery at a great price, contact me. You probably don't want to contact ckrogstad B)

I wonder how much they'll get for the piano

Oh GOD no!

You could never use a brewery mash tun to make a whiskey wash, they're simply incompatible. And beer fermenters cannot ferment washes intended for distilling. Again, TOTALLY different. You'd better contact Vendome or Christian Carl for a complete system quote.

I hope, for your sake, your response is laced with sarcasm.... otherwise you've just shown your rear!

Is any equipment from a micro-beer brewery translate to a distillery?

http://www.collarcityauctions.com/11172008...nDay/index.html

In all seriousness, yes, it most certainly can. Keep in mind the scale in which you're aiming to maintain and use that for consideration whether or not the equipment up for auction will accommodate that scale. You could find some incredible deals at that auction. I'd go anyway (if it weren't a whole country away) just to get a feel for what prices some of these items are fetching.

...and for what it's worth, whisky wash is just beer without hops. Simple as that.