Saying hello from Durham, NC

Quick hello down here from Durham!

Great to see a good amount of activity on the forums from some startup and ongoing distilleries here in N.C.! We are in the beginning stages of the process for Durham Distillery, LLC -- going to focus on craft distilling of gin. Attended the Kothe workshop last month which was like drinking from a fire house but got us moving in the right direction.

Appreciate being a part of such a great community. Looking forward to getting to know many of you.

We're sponsoring a 3 day distilling school at Six & Twenty in Piedmont, South Carolina o October 16-18. not sure how long of a drive it is for you, put maybe pop down and say Hi.

it'd be a good opportunity to meet some folks in the same industry and from around the same Geographical Area.

Steve

Thanks for the information! I can probably head down there for a day as it's about 4 hours or so -- would be great to meet you guys in person as we're exploring stills now. Didn't see the workshop info on your site or Six & Twenty's. Who do I need to speak with to make sure a one-day drop in is feasible?

I used to live down the road from you in Charlotte, but now here in Atlanta. If you need to look at cooling equipment, I offer refrigerated and non-refrigerated water/glycol chiller systems, mash shell and tube exchangers and a new air-to-mash cooler. If you are ever near Atlanta, let me know and we can have a coffee and talk.

Hi Durham Distillery!

We are getting ready to start construction on a distillery in Durham also! With Brothers Vilgalys, Revival Spirits ( our name) and you guys it looks like Durham is going to be a great destination spot for micro-distilling in NC. Hope we meet up sometime in the near future.

Cheers,

Hey There Durham Distillery!

And Good Luck with your venture. We are label designers and printers in Thomasville, NC, not too far from you. Give me a call and I will be happy to meet with you about our services.

We know TTB language!

Cheers,

Carol

Thanks all. So great to meet all of you!

Revival - we saw your media pickup in mid-summer too. Sounds like we're all thinking this is a good time for this area. I think Durham will certainly embrace all of us! Such a great community. Love your spot in Downtown. Should be a great rehab of the building. Am starting to look at spaces in the area with local broker too to see what might be possible. We're planning on Gin only out the door -- know you guys have grander plans. Would be great to meet!

Bros Vilgalys - we love your product and have been following you for awhile (esp. on FB). Seems we may know a few people in similar circles. I'll PM you too.

DR - I'm beginning to map out a trip for November time frame. Planning on meeting Troy & Sons and some others in Asheville, hopefully Artisan Spriits and then could loop down to you before heading back. I'll let you know - thanks for the invite!

Welcome to the forum!

Great to see more NC distilling!

You're welcome to come out and visit our little operation in Kinston, anytime! Covington Vodka is also nearby in Snow Hill, so it's definitely worth a trip.

FYI, there is a Distiller's Guild in North Carolina...we are not yet members, but maybe there are going to be enough of us soon to look into that...I think Charlie and Troy and Sons is the current guild president...?