Hello from Montana

Hello! I am new to ADI, but am soaking up a lot every day. What I have found so far has been very helpful. Has anyone out there had any luck jumping through the hoops to get a license and start production in Montana? I have been interested for some time and have been in beer production for 7 years. Looking to make the step into micro-distilling. Thanks!

Welcome Marc!

Do you plan to open two distilleries?

Best wishes,

George

Not sure. I believe I have some good marketing in Montana and this is where I was born and raised, but l have spent the last 7 years at SNBC and the north tahoe area. I have people interested in both sites. I would like to find out more about getting started in Montana, but if there was interest in Nor Cal then I would consider it. Vegas sounds like a good market. I too will be visiting Dry Fly this winter.

We're the first licensed distillery in Montana....

Good luck in your venture(s)!

Bryan

Any word on George's license at Yellowstone? Are you in production yet? Thanks!

Not sure. I believe I have some good marketing in Montana and this is where I was born and raised, but l have spent the last 7 years at SNBC and the north tahoe area. I have people interested in both sites. I would like to find out more about getting started in Montana, but if there was interest in Nor Cal then I would consider it. Vegas sounds like a good market. I too will be visiting Dry Fly this winter.

When are you going to Don?

I don't know how we will do in the middle of the desert.:) Montana is beautiful. What do you plan to distill? Products?

Best,

George

When are you going to Don?

Actually, Don likes to be called "THE Don" and Kent likes hugs from behind with a slow song playing in the background....

I kid (or maybe not). I don't remember, those two can handle their "product" quite well.

The Dry Fly guys are phenomenal!

Montana is beautiful

-30*F will change your mind about that in a hurry....

Actually, Don likes to be called "THE Don" and Kent likes hugs from behind with a slow song playing in the background....

I kid (or maybe not). I don't remember, those two can handle their "product" quite well.

:) Thanks Bryan for the "background" info! I can't wait to meet the Dry Fly Team.

...and who cares about -3oF if you are sitting beside a fireplace, your kids are playing around you, your wife is smiling at you and you are sipping your "RoughStock"whiskey!:)

Best,

George

I, per the current fellow distiller rules, will not bring up Bryan's fascination with certain wool bearing animals.

Thank God his wife is such a fine woman and pretty much runs things!

Don (less "The")