Hello from Vancouver Island

Hello everyone!

I run a small design company (Hired Guns Creative) on Vancouver Island that is focused on providing naming, branding, packaging design, and marketing services to alcohol producers.
When we started out five years ago, we focused on wineries here in BC but have broadened our niche in the past couple of years to include craft breweries and artisan distilleries.
Anyway, I don't want this to sound like an infomercial. If you're interested, you can check out our portfolio.
My interest in this forum is to start to wrapping my head around the distilling industry in the US. The fledgling BC distillery industry is showing great promise but, due to legislative issues that have only recently been resolved, is still quite far behind the growth you folks have seen in the US. Mostly, I'm here to read, learn, and chat about packaging design with anyone who might be interested.
Sláinte!

Welcome, dude...I'm from the Island, too...living in Salt Lake City, now.

Shoot me a PM if you have any questions, and I'll email that portfolio link to my marketing department (ha!)

Hi Natrat - Nice to make your acquaintance.

Are you planning on extending your brewery's brand/labels through to your spirits line?

Whoops! I need to change that. I am no longer with Mother Earth Brewing in NC, but yes, the branding there was extended to the spirit line. It's an outstanding logo and brand identity. I'll be curious to see what their product ends up looking like on the shelf :-)

The outfit I'm involved with now is still finalizing their label and branding. I wish you'd popped up on the forum two months ago!

Natrat: agreed about the Mother Earth branding. And bummer about the timing with your new outfit, but hey... tell your friends :)

Artisan: I've been hearing good things about your stills from some of our clients. How close are you to opening your distillery?

Slainte! I take it you have an Irish background?

Visited Vancouver a few times when I lived in Seattle, beautiful city!

Would love to talk to you further about your business and design capabilities. Like Natrat said, I wish you were around two months ago!

Are you on twitter?

I'm 1/8th Irish (and 7 parts from other various European / Scandinavian countries.)

And I'm definitely on Twitter. @hiredguns. I just added you ... let's talk.