Which Account would " Tails and Heads " live??

NEPA-still-chillin

We are ramping up production at my distillery and I'm all about " waste not, want not"

Firstly which account do these buggers live in? My educated guess would be they stay in Processing, but if I'm collecting enough to use a larger volume in a few runs down the road, maybe Storage, which account do I check them into?

Similar to the topic before I will be re-using Vodka heads and tails,

Also reusing Gin tails, Anyone try this out before?

I'll be running either used or fresh botanicals in the basket, maybe used to level off flavor from a " gin" already in the still?

Opinions and critics, join on in!!

Depends how long you are "storing" them and how you characterize your production. Sometimes they stay in production physical inventory unfinished spirits when you know they are just being moved over into the next distillation, sometimes they move to storage, and are moved back later. But why would they going into processing?

Depends how long you are "storing" them and how you characterize your production. Sometimes they stay in production physical inventory unfinished spirits when you know they are just being moved over into the next distillation, sometimes they move to storage, and are moved back later. But why would they going into processing?

When I started filling out these forms I also though they may go into processing as it asks for amount moved from processing back to production (for re-distillation, etc). After thinking about it for a bit longer I realized that would not be practical to record. But I think its that "for re-distillation" question that causes confusion..

Yeah the "Re-Distilled Sprits" is the one the gets me, and I thought maybe since it was "half-finished" in a sense that its Gin Tails and cant really be used for any other production.

I thought it would be classified as manufacturing record or some other type of Processing Record, I actually think I'm over thinking it.

With how much tails we collect + how often we do gin runs = I will just put them into Storage Account, specially if we have some on hand come mid-month for tax filing.

By the way, did the gin run with the twice used botanicals and Gin tails, plus added 4 oz. of Juniper.

I know this varies with still size and botanicals, but it came out pretty spot on to our flavor profile, might add a little more Juniper next time