Bar Top installer

CCREngineering

I bought a 1929 bottle capper on ebay for $50. It was a couple of inches too short for my bottles so I welded about 6 inches in it to make it taller. At first my corks would get stuck in the capper due to the taper in the cap 'hood'. I glued a couple of washer in it to space it out and it works fine. I clamp it to a table to keep it stable, I've capped about 3500 bottles now with it......... I think you should be able to modify most cappers to install T-Top corks

We have the model A from CCR and we like it. Been at it for about 6 months. Takes some operating time to fine tune, and to get used to it's quirks.

We had two problems with it: cost, as it's expensive for what it is. And second, it didn't seat corks all the way. This wasn't a design flaw, we think, just a matter of friction from the synthetic cork shaft. We fixed this with a slight twist when we plunged the cork into the neck. Now the tops seat flush. And FWIW, CCR was responsive and helpful when we asked about this.

FWIW, mallets and bottles and tops are a bit of a dangerous combo. We wacked a few into place and it was not uncommon to break the bond between the top and the shaft. Leaves a shaft stuck in the neck and an irate customer.

The "model A" may seem expensive at $3350 but it is constructed out of premium materials, such as stainless steel and anodized aluminium, and does not require any tools to adjust from one bottle and cork combination to another. I would also like to remind anyone reading this post that we have four different models starting at $875.

We have the almost $5000 version and it has saved us enough labor to pay for itself in 4 months. Plus CCR's customer service has been outstanding. We needed a replacement part about a month ago and he sent it next day air free of charge. It is a lot of money but being in this business for 5 years I definitely believe in quality and it unfortunately comes at a cost. That being said we went without it for 3.5 yrs so it's probably overkill for a startup.

I would be a kick but toy for a new distillery, and most new distilleries don't think they need one, but man O man does this thing save SO much time. I love the fact that it puts the cork in the same every time, doing it by hand you can some times not "set, or seat" the cork all the way or sometimes the cork will come back up a bit, but not with CCR's corker. It is a top notch machine.

What was really nice was there customer service. I needed a special die for a special bottling project and they hooked me up. I can't thank them guys enough.

Thanks CCR!

I am even hooking mine up to my automatic bottling line.

• 1 year later...

Probably worth a follow up post on our CCR product: Two years and many thousands of corks later it's still doing us proud.

Premium materials, premium build, very precise fit and finish made this piece of equipment a good buy.

When we upgrade, we will probably see what solutions they have for us.

• 1 year later...

Hello all, just taking a chance to let you know about this bottle washer for any size, any format. Will wash recycle or new bottle before refilling.  Wash with soap, rinse with sanitizer and final rinse with heated water 200 degree.

Mike  (450) 651 0909  /  1 844 651 0909.

https://youtu.be/elTIFMHQb3c