California Tasting Rooms

spdskr

Can anyone direct me to the California laws pertaining to samples or tasting rooms for craft distilleries? Also if anyone has knowledge of research as to this issue for the state of Nevada that would be great too.

Thanks,

Mark

This question is better placed and discussed in the "Beginners" string. But to reiterate, READ THE LAW pertaining to the State, in this case California. Any would be distiller has two options when trying to find this type of information: hire someone (usually an overpaid attorney) to do the legwork and advise you; or do your own homework, it isn't rocket science, READ THE LAW. Every state has online regulations and law or can lead you to the proper agency. Aspiring distillery developers without the skills or tenacity to track down this info perhaps should review their other career options.

For those who pose questions looking for help here, remember that those who have this info developed it over time and lots of work; these kinds of solicitations are impolite, in the same way as cutting in line at the theatre.

Lately some inquiries are asking for such as spreadsheets and templates and actual numbers. Please understand these are proprietary information. You wouldn't ask a total stranger, or a potential business competitor to show you his tax return.

R

This question is better placed and discussed in the "Beginners" string. But to reiterate, READ THE LAW pertaining to the State, in this case California. Any would be distiller has two options when trying to find this type of information: hire someone (usually an overpaid attorney) to do the legwork and advise you; or do your own homework, it isn't rocket science, READ THE LAW. Every state has online regulations and law or can lead you to the proper agency. Aspiring distillery developers without the skills or tenacity to track down this info perhaps should review their other career options.

For those who pose questions looking for help here, remember that those who have this info developed it over time and lots of work; these kinds of solicitations are impolite, in the same way as cutting in line at the theatre.

Lately some inquiries are asking for such as spreadsheets and templates and actual numbers. Please understand these are proprietary information. You wouldn't ask a total stranger, or a potential business competitor to show you his tax return.

R

Thanks for the insight Ralph! I am sorry if anyone out there thinks I am trying to "cut in line". I am simply doing research and believe this is a good place to do it. I have done tons of research on this subject in Montana and find the information that I need to read very accessible. California information on the other hand seems to be a little more difficult to find. I have done numerous searches on-line and have had no luck. I have no difficulties reading the law... it is just finding it. If anyone could direct me to this information so I can read it, it would be greatly appreciated. We are all in this together are we not? Perhaps I misunderstood the use of this forum. I have no interest in anyone else's business plan as it would not pertain to my venture or geographic location.

Thanks again!

Mark