Selling Waste Alc

that guy

My product is "neutral" so anything I have cut out, I don't want in the product. The energy & time consumed to do any further processing of this "trash" ends p resulting in me losing money in the end. Even if I add a small amount into a consectutive batch.....eventually that little bit not add, or constantly cut adds up. For me that adds up to hundreds of gallons right now. The environmentalist in me, doesn't want to just dilute it and dump it down the drain...

My product is "neutral" so anything I have cut out, I don't want in the product. The energy & time consumed to do any further processing of this "trash" ends p resulting in me losing money in the end.

I wouldn't add tails back into the next batch, but you should try redistilling tails by themselves-you can pull the same good product out of the tails upon further distillation. No need to do it every batch, save up the tails from a half dozen and then run them through. You're missing out on a lot more neutral alcohol if you're not doing this and you'll end up with a lot less waste. Heads are nasty and aren't worth redistilling at all.

Most areas of the country have environmental companies that will pick up your waste alcohol and recycle the components. If you have enough they may pay you for it but we never let that much build up in our litlle place so we pay to have waste picked up every couple months. Try your yellow pages under "environmental services" or "hazardous materials".

Good luck.