Buyers Co-op

Paul45

After purchasing bottles overseas the past couple of years I am looking for distillers that will consider buying bottles through a buyers co-op. The goal is to achieve more flexible quantities at volume prices.

Paul

After purchasing bottles overseas the past couple of years I am looking for distillers that will consider buying bottles through a buyers co-op. The goal is to achieve more flexible quantities at volume prices.

Paul

We are definently interested here at Colorado Gold Distillery in Cedaredge Colorado. Coop

We are interested, Grand Traverse Distillery. As a single purchaser it is hard to deal with the big houses, we can all do better with quantities.

Kent

We also are interested.

Pacific Distillery, Woodinville, WA.

Are you guys ordering directly from Saver and Vitro, or using a US-based bottle distributor?

I am ordering directly from Vitro. Can order just a few pallets at a time.

We also order direct from Vitro, We can order direct from saver but with a few wrinkels. One you have to pay in advance the other is in order to get a better price you need to have at least a 10 pallet order. Lots of bucks their. They would not even take a guarantee from our bank for payment on delivery. Coop

For any distillers interested in Plastic containers, please feel free to contact me. At Pretium Packaging, we have pallet minimums on all of our stock bottles; and a "grow with the brand" approach to pricing. We offer a wide range of stock liquor containers from 50ml through to a 1.75ml. We also have the ability to produce affordable custom shaped bottles for volumes as low 750,000 per year.

I realize many craft distillers feel their product must be packed in glass to meet the expectations of the marketplace, and I can respect that thought process. However, with many of the major retailers implementing a no glass policy, or enforcing stricter sustainability requirements before they will carry a product line; PET is worth a look. Typically, you will be able to load 40% more inbound & outbound on a truck due to weight difference. Since PET does not break, it does not require dividers or a heavier weight corrugated reshipper.....a considerably more attractive carbon footprint than glass.

Not to mention, unlike most glass containers used in the adult beverage industry, PET is an American made product.

If you think PET may work for your brand please feel free to contact me. Pretium Packaging may prove to be the cost saving fit for your organization?

Paul Noble

New Business Sales Executive

Pretium Packaging

17 McHenry Ave

Crystal Lake, IL 60014

Phone : 815-356-7355

Fax: 815-356-7356

Cell: 630-414-7085

www.pretiumpkg.com

Pretium_stock_Liquor_Containers_8.5_X_11_March_2008rev.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Saint Louis Distillery would also be interested. We are currently looking at Saxco or Bruni Glass Packaging. To get a decent price from Saxco, a 20' or 40' ocean container must be shipped (10 or 22 pallets, respectively, of bottles which can be mixed and matched).

I have been in contact with both retrieving information.

If mixing and matching can be done directly through Saver, I would also be interested in that route.

Feel free to call the distillery.

CFry

Saint Louis Distillery

3601 Airport Road

Pierre, SD 57501

P: 605-494-1009

F: 605-494-1009

• 2 weeks later...

We would definitely be interested in a buyers co-op. We use Saverglass - mainly the Neos, which seems to be very popular!

Sarah Crowell

Harvest Spirits

3074 US Route 9

Valatie, NY 12184

518 261 1625

cell: 518 755-3137

email: srcrowell@gmail.com

www.harvestspirits.com

If anyone is making or planning on making an order, please contact me. Let's get this co-op going. I'm in dire need of bottles and I really don't have the space to store an entire shipping container.

Anyone???

• 4 months later...

Paul

Paul,

It is maybe after the fact, we are distributing for Selectiveline.com. If you guys want to be a little different than the Oslo, Ariane and Neos of this world, do consider this new line of glass. With your help I can get some interesting quantities in, which I could keep on stock for you or the coop. Prices are competitive with the Saver glass.

Let me know.

Frank

• 3 months later...

If anyone is making or planning on making an order, please contact me. Let's get this co-op going. I'm in dire need of bottles and I really don't have the space to store an entire shipping container.

Anyone???

My start up is about 3 months away from needing bottles. Did the coop get formed?

• 1 month later...

Any updates on this Coop subject? With all the interest I'd think anyone out there with some space would jump on the idea of ordering bulk and reselling at a 20% margin. I'd be willing to pay extra for the ability to order in 1/4 to 1/2 pallet loads. Just not interested in paying shipping all the way from west or east coast. Would be more sensible to warehouse from the midwest. More centralized, lower cost for warehouse space and labor to ship.

Absolutely not interested in dealing outside the US though. To hard to solve problems if they arise. Just a side note, if the suppliers in Canada want to deal into the US, they need to get US sales reps. I've been on the phone with 2 canadian suppliers and the language gap was too great when trying to get french speaking sales reps to understand us. Sort of like getting software support from overseas call centers.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone discussed how this co-op would work? some person handles the bulk purchase and storage of a container load of glass and then what, is responsible for shipping out to whomever else is in the co-op?

I think we are all interested in paying less for glass, or achieving bulk pricing, but has their been any discussion about the logistics?

Has anyone discussed how this co-op would work? some person handles the bulk purchase and storage of a container load of glass and then what, is responsible for shipping out to whomever else is in the co-op?

I think we are all interested in paying less for glass, or achieving bulk pricing, but has their been any discussion about the logistics?

If a truck and driver were hired, he could pick up a full load of glass from the factory and then deliver to each one of our distilleries. This way we would store our own glass.

• 2 weeks later...

I would think more of a co-op being a purchasing LLC which bought bottles in pallet quantities to get good pricing, and storing the bottles in the midwest at a central location. Members of the co-op would then be able to buy at less than pallet quantities, but more than the original cost/shipping. Let a margin go to keeping the co-op running.