Best class or course?

Cromartie

Siebel Institute was an excellent course, but it is only offered once a year. The Siebel classes are more theory technical, less hands on which I feel is important if you want to go commercial. I would then follow up with a class like 6&20's or SIPS, can't beat the hands on portion.

My.02 cents

Take care- Mitty

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I am looking at the Downslope Distilling two day course,,,,anybody else besides souschefdude? Bang for the buck it looks okay.

I am looking at the Downslope Distilling two day course,,,,anybody else besides souschefdude? Bang for the buck it looks okay.

I've done a couple rounds of training there. The initial two-day course is good for those contemplating the industry. Lots of info on building and fire codes, and a solid overview on fermentation, distillation, making cuts, etc. Not so much on daily operations (TTB reporting, etc.) Mitch will gladly do more hands-on advanced classes if you ask.

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to give a shout out to 8 feathers distillery in Boise, ID. I took thier two day course last weekend and it was awesome. Very open and transparent group, very informative and will answer any question you have as honestly as they can. I plan on sending my wife and business partner to the course in the coming months. Check them out!

SIPS in Seattle would be at the top of my short list.

I would suggest the SIPS course hosted by Rusty Figgins at Skybound Spirits in Seattle. http://www.sipsclass.org

SIPS looks great! I'm sure they are already booked. Maybe I can get lined up for next year.

Thank you kindly for the generous praise!

SIPS Class 15 commences on 3/23/2015 for a full week, with a full roster of attendees, and even more educational content!

www.SIPSclass.org

I'll add one more. Rusty has a great, well-rounded class that hits on all the main details of starting your own distillery at a very reasonable cost. Two of the other instructors that he's brought in to help teach have also provided valuable advice for free after the class.

Ron

Thank you kindly for the generous praise!

SIPS Class 15 commences on 3/23/2015 for a full week, with a full roster of attendees, and even more educational content!

www.SIPSclass.org

• 3 weeks later...

I just took the Downslope Distillery class. It was excellent! And certainly worth the modest price. No sales pitches, which I have heard happens with some of the other classes back east. Anyway, onward and upward.

• 2 months later...

The three distillers and owners from Striped Pig Distillery in Charleston, SC and Mitch Abate, one of the best in the business, from Downslope Distilling in Colorado, are teaching a two-day workshop June 27th & 28th in Charleston that will cover everything you need to know about distilling and starting a brand. There are only a few spots left. More information and tickets may be purchased here!