private labeling, contract bottling

Joseph Dehner is a legit distiller and still builder.

I have spoken with him on the phone many times to seek his advice.

Call it spam if you like, but he is just offering his services.

• Thanks 1

Joseph Dehner is a legit distiller and still builder.

I have spoken with him on the phone many times to seek his advice.

Call it spam if you like, but he is just offering his services.

Seeing as your giving me permission; I will go ahead and call it spam. I don't think most people question that Joseph Dehner is a legit distiller and still builder. I also don't think most people question the fact the he consistently goes beyond just offering his services; into a zone most people consider inappropriate self promotion, or spam.

Perhaps Mr. Dehner is lacking in self awareness and does not even realize that a vast number of people find his constant self promotion annoying?

• 2 weeks later...

You know what, all of you have over stepped the line. I would never call someone else a "scammer" or "scam". I am a very much real person, and very much upset. I know I post all over the place on ADI, deal with it, and stop crying. But you know what it is the the best way in the world to get my name out there, and it is free as compared to other advertising that I do. I know it is annoying but I bet everyone has heard of me and that is what I'm going for. I am in the line of work to never shut my still down, keeping the still on is how we all make our money, isn't it?

I think ADI is a great place to meet and help out people all the time. I have made several stills for people I have met via ADI forums.

Not to mention all the hours I have spent on the phone using my own time helping people out with there problems. For those I have helped out you know how I help.

Let me give you some facts. 2 years ago in Iowa my Distillery "Dehner Distillery llc" was 2nd from the last in production and sales. Only selling about 200 cases (9L each) a year. Now because I added more products, and do contract distilling, private labeling and other distilling stuff, I will be #1 in Iowa by the end of the year, if I am not all ready! I am moving to a building that is about 10 times bigger than the one I am in currently.

NOW, in a month alone I make a little over 1700 proof gallons of rum (and it is getting ready to just about double), 1060 proof gallons of vodka, and about 650 proof gallons of 151p. To be honest I probably make more rum than anyone in a 1000 miles radius of me.

I send product all over the United States.

All of you that posted about me being a scam should apologize. If not so be it.

Anyone have any problems call anytime!

515-559-4879

Take Care:

Joseph Dehner

• Thumbs up 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I totally agree with you Three Stacks.

Joe admits that he has a problem with dyslexia which in his case means he has trouble expressing himself in writing, things come out a bit strange some times.

Talk to him on phone or face to face and he comes across as a very knowledgeable and enthusiastic person only too willing to share his knowledge. 

Pete

• Thumbs up 1

On 8/19/2014 at 8:51 AM, Dehner Distillery said:

FYI: SPAM and SCAM..... same thing.

No, they are not the same thing.  They have completely different meanings and are unrelated.

spam - verb
1. send the same message indiscriminately to (large numbers of recipients) on the Internet.

scam - noun informal
1. a dishonest scheme; a fraud.

I hope you all realize that no one has accused Mr. Dehner of being a scammer, or participating in any scam.  It was simply pointed out that he was making the identical self promotional sales pitch in multiple areas of this forum.  Posting the exact same thing in multiple topic areas of a message forum (particularly when its self promotional in nature) is typically described as spam, generally frowned upon and usually against the terms of service or rules of the forum.

The fact that Mr. Dehner has very many positive traits, and that you like him very very much, does not provide a justification for him to spam the forum.  Thats all anyone was trying to say.

• 1 year later...

Joe, curious, if we send you our juice to bottle, and you send it back in bond, how do we have to label it? Clearly, I can say distilled by me. Do I have to say bottled by you? Can I simply say produced by me? Etc.

On 12/9/2017 at 11:23 AM, bluestar said:

Joe, curious, if we send you our juice to bottle, and you send it back in bond, how do we have to label it? Clearly, I can say distilled by me. Do I have to say bottled by you? Can I simply say produced by me? Etc.

Hello, Thanks for the question.

Bottled product can not be TIB. You can send stuff to me, I can get a DBA saying XYZ Distillery, IA.

It would have to be tax paid coming back from me to you.

I hope that helps.

3 hours ago, Dehner Distillery said:

Hello, Thanks for the question.

Bottled product can not be TIB. You can send stuff to me, I can get a DBA saying XYZ Distillery, IA.

It would have to be tax paid coming back from me to you.

I hope that helps.

So it would say distilled by me, IL, and bottled XYZ, IA?

21 hours ago, Dehner Distillery said:

We could do a DBA in your name, but it would say IA (iowa) on the label.

Please call anytime. 515-559-4879

Just rereading the CFR: actually, I think you don't have to indicate where it was bottled so long as the contents were otherwise produced and processed at the cited distillery. See section 5.36 (a) 2: where instead of saying who it was bottled by when bottled for a distillery, you need only say who it is distilled by, unless it was a Bottled in Bond whiskey. From my reading of that, you might not be able to do any rectification, meaning you might have to bottle it as received from the distillery?

Bluestar - I don't believe that your last line is correct.  It is quite common to receive high-proof bulk spirits and for the recipient distiller to blend/reduce/alter the spirit before bottling.  Think about all of these guys buying GNS at 190 and bottling it, or bulk whiskey whatever.   The only difference I'm seeing here is that the producer is using a contract bottler.  Wasn't Bombay just in the news for pushing out overproof gin by accident?