Greetings from Doc Porter's Distillery (Charlotte, NC)

Like many I’ve been following the boards for a couple years now working on opening our dream microdistillery. I’ve learned so much from these forums and they've been a huge resource for us. I’ve tried to give back when possible, and will try to contribute more and more as I learn from my experiences.

I’ve never done a formal introduction and it’s been long overdue. My wife and I are currently waiting patiently for our DSP to be approved (143 days to be exact) for Doc Porter’s Distillery. We will be a grain to grain distillery located in Charlotte, NC around the corner from a couple great breweries (Olde Mecklenburg Brewery and Sugar Creek Brewing Company) and a soon to be distillery as well (Great Wagon Road Distilling Company). We're going to start out with a 100% NC wheat vodka and then move into whiskey and gin with locally sourced ingredients.

Renovations have been creeping along and equipment should be arriving soon. If all goes well we hope to be in production in April.

If any of you are in Charlotte and want to check on our progress drop me a line.

Hello and good luck!

I lived in Charlotte for a bit (my favorite place was the Cajun Queen downtown).

I work out of NE Atlanta and hope to have some equipment in down here soon, but if I can help you out on your chillers or carbon filters for spirit filtering along with the activated carbon media, let me know.

Mike Gronski

MG Thermal consulting

770-995-4066

Virginia sends it's best regards, hope you have an easier time opening your own Distillery Store. Virginia is very difficult to work with. Post some pictures and keep us up to date. Get a Face Book page, unless you already have one, and shoot me the link.

Mash

Congrats and good luck!

Please PM myself or one of the other NC distillers on here so we can get you in touch with the proper contacts in the NC Distillers Association. The same goes for your future neighbor (Great Wagon Road Distilling Company). Lot of things happening in NC distilling this year and we need everyone's support!

Lee

Virginia sends it's best regards, hope you have an easier time opening your own Distillery Store. Virginia is very difficult to work with. Post some pictures and keep us up to date. Get a Face Book page, unless you already have one, and shoot me the link.

Mash

Hey there-

We're already on social media so please check us out. facebook.com/docportersdistillery along with Instagram & Twitter (@DocPorters). We're keeping that up to date with pictures as we get going.

Congrats and good luck!

Please PM myself or one of the other NC distillers on here so we can get you in touch with the proper contacts in the NC Distillers Association. The same goes for your future neighbor (Great Wagon Road Distilling Company). Lot of things happening in NC distilling this year and we need everyone's support!

Lee

Hi Lee,

We joined the NC Distillers association about a month ago and have been supporting SB 24 on all of our social media sites. Very excited that the distillers of the state are organized and working together!

Hey Doc Porter,

We are right up the road from you in Thomasville, NC. We are currently working with about 15 distilleries in North Carolina.

We would love to help you with your label/branding. We have been a member with the ADI for 4 years now.

We have been working with Carolina Distillery in Lenoir for years. We print the NC Distillers Guide, so I am sure we will be talking sometime soon!

Carol Phillips

Wright Labels

336-906-9097

carolp@wrightglobalgraphics.com

Hey Doc Porter,

We are right up the road from you in Thomasville, NC. We are currently working with about 15 distilleries in North Carolina.

We would love to help you with your label/branding. We have been a member with the ADI for 4 years now.

We have been working with Carolina Distillery in Lenoir for years. We print the NC Distillers Guide, so I am sure we will be talking sometime soon!

Carol Phillips

Wright Labels

336-906-9097

carolp@wrightglobalgraphics.com

We will absolutely reach out to you for a quote when we get ready to print our labels. Still waiting on our DSP, so we haven't gotten to COLA yet. Thanks for the note. We've heard great things about you guys.