miniatures

Towerguy

We are a new, craft distillery, and are looking at the feasibility of producing miniatures (50 ml) without using a contract bottler. A friend has an injection molding business, and thinks that he can produce miniature bottles with screw tops from food-grade polyethylene for a reasonable cost. Not being an expert on polymers, does anyone know if this material is suitable for packaging 80-100 proof spirits? It seems like most miniatures I see for sale in our State's (PA) liquor stores are either glass or PET. Anyone out there with expertise in this area: is this do-able, and if not, what other materials are known to be suitable for spirits? TIA.

Your going to make your own bottles?? I think your going to find out real quick that with your time and energy alone that it would be cheaper to just buy them.

I can get 50ml bottles and caps for .12cents.

Personally I think your crazy, but if you can pull it off then your a rock star!

I can fill 50 ml bottles fast but when I fist started out it was not worth it because it took so long to fill, bottle, cap, label them I was losing money. Think about it, if you can fill a two 750ml bottles in 8 seconds then you have to fill 30 50ml bottles in 8sec and if you can't your losing money.

We can fill, cap, label 6500-7500 bottles an hour.

Food for thought.

Take care and best of luck!

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2015 at 8:04 AM, Dehner Distillery said:

Your going to make your own bottles?? I think your going to find out real quick that with your time and energy alone that it would be cheaper to just buy them.

I can get 50ml bottles and caps for .12cents.

Personally I think your crazy, but if you can pull it off then your a rock star!

I can fill 50 ml bottles fast but when I fist started out it was not worth it because it took so long to fill, bottle, cap, label them I was losing money. Think about it, if you can fill a two 750ml bottles in 8 seconds then you have to fill 30 50ml bottles in 8sec and if you can't your losing money.

We can fill, cap, label 6500-7500 bottles an hour.

Food for thought.

Take care and best of luck!

What equipment are you using to fill, cap and label the 50ml bottles?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Dehner, Please PM me with pictures of your PET 50mL bottles and caps and your final marked up pricing.  I'm look for 10K bottles.  You mentioned you had boxes too.  Send me info on those also.  I'm looking for 60 bottles per case.

Anyone else have PET 50mLs to sell in this quantity please PM me also with pricing and pictures.

Thanks

• 1 month later...