Label Applicator

RMD

Does anyone know of a label applicator that can apply labels that will not be on a roll onto a round bottle? My marketing team is in love with a label that apparently can't be printed onto a roll and we have round bottles. Applying them by hand seems like it would be a pain and hard to be accurate.

• 2 weeks later...

you will hate life if you have to do any volume

Bingo. A new marketing team will likely be the cheaper alternative. ;-)

Seriously, though. Glue-on labels and their associated machinery have largely gone the way of the dodo. We used to sell huge volumes of label glue and Schaefer label cementers 10 years ago. We still sell both, but nowhere near the volume we used to. It's become more of a boutique market.

Glue-on labels do have some benefits: they're much cheaper than pressure-sensitive labels, they can be straightened/adjusted before the glue sets, and you can print them yourself on-demand. Still, in terms of speed there's just no comparison.

• 2 weeks later...

A tamper-type labeler might work for you. I've successfully used them for non-round bottles, and they can be used with die-cut stacked paper labels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLQ7qQsNFQQ

Self-adhesive labels are largely the standard now, though, and if you cannot find a printer that can produce what you want, I know several that can produce anything you want in just about any orientation.

Dan