5 Gallon Black Swan Barrels for sale (12 total).

Selling some used bourbon barrels. I've got 5 Gallon Black Swan Barrels for sale (12 total). Good condition, stored indoors, used once for bourbon. Palletized and ready for pickup in NYC. $100 each, only selling as a set so $1200.

Email me over at josephremote@icloud.com

Also, we've got half dozen used 10 Gallon Black Swan Honeycomb™ barrels (medium char) available, used once for bourbon, ready for pickup in Chicagoland. $140 each or $120 each for 5 or more. manager@quincystreetdistillery.com

Would people want a website setup dedicated to reselling barrels? I would personally love it and don't want it on my distillery page, but I have never seen one (at least where they acted as an Ebay and didn't sell the barrels themselves). I have given a little thought to this as a way to consolidate listing for used barrels. Thoughts?

Just curious, why aren't any of you with the Black Swan barrels doing a second fill on them?

Actually, we do. But we use so many barrels (for our Bourbon Spring™ young rested Illinois bourbon whiskey ;-) that we don't currently have need for all of them for second use. We do use them for aging our Old No. 176™ Barrel Reserve gin, Groninger Hoek™ genever, Prairie Sunshine™ Barrel Reserve honey spirit, and our Salt Creek™ corn whiskey, as well as some brandy.

Would people want a website setup dedicated to reselling barrels? I would personally love it and don't want it on my distillery page, but I have never seen one (at least where they acted as an Ebay and didn't sell the barrels themselves). I have given a little thought to this as a way to consolidate listing for used barrels. Thoughts?

A quick way to do the same thing would be to create a pinned topic in this forum, moderated, that would allow anyone to post their used barrels for sale. Should require some specific information be included, like: size, original manufacturer, char, special treatment, number of times used, materials previously stored in barrel, price, quantity.

I was thinking of something a little more comprehensive. By this I mean you could have wineries also post to it and brewers find it via search. Leave it open to the guys that are reselling in bulk too, like Rocky Mountain and so forth. Basically, setup a system that posts barrels currently for sale, dump schedules, ratings on seller, etc. As I say this I think of my lack of free time, but I wish something like this existed and I imagine that brewers did too. No need to setup something so comprehensive though if no one is interested.

Not sure on that Palmetto. I wish there was an easy button for that. If it looks like there is enough interest, I will probably give it a go. I have coded a decent amount now in PHP and MYSQL to get my TTB reporting in place, but adding this would be a challenge on time of course. Ideally it would be free, but perhaps putting a small fee somewhere in the process and I can pay a professional full-time coder to build the site for me. Not sure what the best option is, but if I code it, it would definitely take longer. Personally I would be willing to pay a small fee to list my used barrels on a site like this, but perhaps others are disposing of their barrels regularly and easily and this seems like a waste to them. I get solicitations for barrels already, but it would be easier just to do orders and such through one site and when I get an inquiry just point them to the site. I think all the money and such would go between the distillery and end buyer. Still thinking it through a little...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

This is Steve Pariso, I am a distiller and member that worked on some projects that you may know: Netscape, AOL, CompuServe -- others: crazy former life.

I saw the question, "Would people want a website setup dedicated to reselling barrels? ..." from jeffw

It was bugging me that nothing like this exists. eBays high prices and lack of understanding of our industry also bothered me. I want a place to post stuff and buy stuff.

So, I put one together. A crazy amount of work but I think it is worth it.

I hope it will become self sufficient, and support itself. Everything is built in. It will be priced _less than eBay_ but still enough to support tech support, moderation, maintenance, servers, and promotion.

Who knows, if it does well enough, we can throw a fun party at the next ADI conference. We are just opening the doors for postings and sending out a mass mailing of t-shirts. Artisan just posted some stills.

Feel free to sell, buy, auction, post. Have fun. I really hope that you like. http://barrelbid.comAmerican Barrel Exchange

If you have any suggestions, always, just shout.

All my best wishes,

Steve

Steve, great work. Your post really deserves its own thread.

One suggestion, can you add an "ask seller a question" function?

Hi Jedd, Thanks!

Yes. We added a contact seller feature. One of the ways to access that, is on a product's listing page, just click on the "options" button above the image. You will see "contact" in there. Thanks for the suggestion, we are keeping a list to make sure that it will be obvious enough in future updates.

Thanks again!

All my best wishes,

Steve