DYE China?

Shindig

With Chinese manufacturers or any foreign manufacturer, its best to go visit them and make sure your manufacturing process is known so you have what you expect from raw materials and machining tools. Some people cut corners but I always explain to them that it is better to do it right and pay more than to cut corners. I save on labor costs. They so far have been good to me. Also, I might point out that the euro is down 30%. They are becoming affordable again.

Wow ASD. There it is. A picture of your equipment: http://www.dayuwz.com/index.php?m=content&c=index&f=show&catid=77&contentid=115 That's a huge strike in my book. I worked in an engineering office for a time. We lost a major account because someone got hold of our plans and reverse engineered the product, then undercut us because they didn't have R&D costs. I then lost my job when workload dropped. That's what happens to legitimate businesses in a situation like this.

I logged in to say that I wasn't impressed for other reasons so will continue: My partner and I spent time shopping for stills at the conference. We talked to several and then compared notes. Dayu seems to use lighter gauge material than others, their plate design wasn't what it should be, and I didn't understand why there were kettles under the columns. After talking to knowledgeable folks about the plate design I doubt you're going to see any sort of reasonable run time from their equipment. Think very long days for a very long time. Overall I'd think they reverse engineered a picture without knowing why and hoped for the best.

Considering the copyright issues I wouldn't go near them.

Just my .02.

Are you kidding? Even ASD is made in China! Duh..... So much equipment pours out of a certain region in China that is set up for manufacturing this stuff.

China takes all kinds of designs from all over. Chinese companies will make the Products as thick or as thin you want. It is not there fault.

The factory were ASD has in China that builds all of there equipment also builds product for other people on the side with out telling ASD. Not a good move on ASD side for paying for a stand alone factory where it is not monitored very well.

• Thumbs up 2

Are you kidding? Even ASD is made in China! Duh..... So much equipment pours out of a certain region in China that is set up for manufacturing this stuff.

China takes all kinds of designs from all over. Chinese companies will make the Products as thick or as thin you want. It is not there fault.

The factory were ASD has in China that builds all of there equipment also builds product for other people on the side with out telling ASD. Not a good move on ASD side for paying for a stand alone factory where it is not monitored very well.

please be sure of your facts before you speak, when I say our factory, I dont mean the factory we contract with, I mean the factory is ours. run by our people. notjing is bilt at the factory without our knowledge.

On a side note to everyone else, it is amazing what you can get on Alibaba.

When you break down down what we do people seem to over think things. We are boiling liquid, you don't have to spend a lot of money to do that. I think all these people with really high dollar stills are great, but you have to sell ALOT of booze just to pay for that still or boil kettle or mash tun or what ever.

To each there own. May we all become kings in the spirit world! But do this for me, take care of that really nice stuff because when you go out of Business I will come in and pay you pennies on the dollar for it. :)

This is me being ornery.

ASD I have been to your factory in China. You had better keep a better eye on you guys. Just sayin.

I truly wish you all the best. Really.

---------------------------------------------------------

Our Factory is in Fuyang, you visited a factory in Wenzhou. They are only 200 miles apart.

as I mentioned, many factories claim to build our stuff.

anyone that buys a still from us and wants to visit the factory can. we'll get you set up.

• 2 weeks later...

As someone who has bought a lot of Chinese equipment over the years, I can honestly say you can get excellent buys from China BUT, you should plan on something being wrong somewhere. You should NEVER buy equipment from China and plan on installing it and have it run out of the box. Everything needs to be checked carefully and tested before you even consider running. The testing etc applies to all equipment but more so with the Chinese.

If you are prepared and undersatnd the short comings you can do very well buying from the Chinese.

Wow ASD. There it is. A picture of your equipment: http://www.dayuwz.com/index.php?m=content&c=index&f=show&catid=77&contentid=115 That's a huge strike in my book. I worked in an engineering office for a time. We lost a major account because someone got hold of our plans and reverse engineered the product, then undercut us because they didn't have R&D costs. I then lost my job when workload dropped. That's what happens to legitimate businesses in a situation like this.

I logged in to say that I wasn't impressed for other reasons so will continue: My partner and I spent time shopping for stills at the conference. We talked to several and then compared notes. Dayu seems to use lighter gauge material than others, their plate design wasn't what it should be, and I didn't understand why there were kettles under the columns. After talking to knowledgeable folks about the plate design I doubt you're going to see any sort of reasonable run time from their equipment. Think very long days for a very long time. Overall I'd think they reverse engineered a picture without knowing why and hoped for the best.

Considering the copyright issues I wouldn't go near them.

Just my .02.

I went to DYE factory at the end of last year with my clients. Here are some points which I find out.

1. They use thick copper materials which make sure that copper will not be out of shape when and after welding, since copper is more softer than ss304.
  2. I do really like the design of their bubble caps, all are copper and even the screws, the bubble caps are very easy to take off from the bubble cap plates, easy to clean, and no dead corners.
  3. The down comers are also not welded to the plates, again no dead corners.
  4. BEAUTIFUL VALVES, all valves used on the stills are stainless steel handles, looks really high quality and beautiful.
  5. They have their own thinking about the equipment, they told me when I was in their factory why they suggest to use ss flange since the spirits will not contact it, what they want to do is to make sure that the liquid and vapor contact copper as much as possible with a reasonable price. They do think for the customers!
  6. What I’m thinking about the kettles under the columns is that they will recycle the cooling water from the dephs and condenser to do cleaning; you see there is a CIP manifold connected to the all parts. And it can save space.

• 11 months later...

Have just ordered a vibroscreen from China to de-water mash. 1/5 the price of a local one. Waiting to see how well it is made and not expecting it to run for ever.

My Son just took delivery of a small brewery built in China to his specs, currently assembling it here. He specified a good quality Italian waste oil burner on the boiler but a very cheap Chinese one was attached. It had been changed from horizontal flame to directly down. I could see it would not work but they assured us it would. Turned it on and it did not light and oil just kept syphoning into the burner chamber as I expected. They have agreed to replace with the Italian one.

Meerkat told me a good one, Chinese R&D = Remember and Duplicate, but they often forget a lot of the finer detail.

Meerkat told me a good one, Chinese R&D = Remember and Duplicate, but they often forget a lot of the finer detail.

As much as I love buying American, it's wrong to just slap the "Chinese junk" label on everything in China. I've seen plenty of garbage come from American manufacturers who try to be the cheapest on the shelf.

Just as with American made, business owners in China cater to a certain price, market and customer. Some owners are very ethical and very skilled and some are not--which is no different than in America. I can guarantee you that there's factories in China which will make you equipment every bit as good as the American or European still manufacturers (maybe sans some trade secrets), but you won't find them when sorting by lowest price first.

This is universally true: if you buy anything internationally (i.e. without legal recourse) you better be willing to fly your happy ass over there to look over their shoulder during production, until they have earned your trust.

• 11 months later...

I bought a 300g pot still from them.  It's beautiful and works like a champ. I use it for a stripper.   All my questions were always answered promptly, and any design changes I had were redrawn and sent back to me within a day, as I tweaked some things to just how I wanted it. The work was completed in exactly the time stated up front, and my still arrived in my port with no hassles what so ever. They included some bells and whistles that I really enjoy, like the glass man way, and a pretty trick parrot, and a HUGE condenser that handles whatever I through at it.  I had no complaints with my purchasing experience with them, and am more than happy with the contruction quality and materials used. But that's just how it went down over here. 

• 1 month later...

We sincerely appreciate any reasonable feedback from our customers or friends,since they help us improve better.

We welcome any potential customers or friends to visit us and know us in person.

Thanks.

Penny

Email: daey010@dayuwz.com

• Thumbs up 1

• 2 weeks later...

How dare those folks at DYE get your fingers dirty!

Not sure which one of the 3 pictures speak for themselves especially since there are 4 pictures you posted, with no info about what they are pics of.

Just about any new piece of equipment requires clean up, break in, passivation and testing before running. 

Can you describe the problem you have with the equipment? maybe before you jump to bad mouthing folks on the forum.

I'm with CaptnKB and SchieferP1, that looks like welding chemicals, left over from fabrication.  In this business, all new vessels must be cleaned by the end user, to remove any welding residue and oils etc.  Depending on the purpose and other factors, many stainless vessels must also be passivized before use and all will need to be passivized several times before their useful life span has ended.  Stills are typically put through at least one cleaning run, before the production of spirits for sale.  Common sense tells us that all vessels used for sanitary food grade applications must be cleaned thoroughly before use.  

At the same time, the manufacturer should supply instructions concerning the cleaning of the equipment, as well as a good safety manual.  Also the manufacturer should answer questions and inquiries concerning the equipment in a timely manner.  Surely there must be a warranty, though no one's warranty is going to cover the equipment needing cleaning when you receive it.  Please let us know exactly what the problem is.   We are all very curious.  

The equipment sold by DYE is very well built and I daresay that many observers marvel at its build quality.  Lotusland49p would do well to perform a cursory sanitizing protocol and a passivation prior to making such claims.  It has been my experience on behalf of several clients that DYE offers rapid responsiveness to inquiries from existing and prospective customers alike. Perhaps those with a history of unreasonable requests are not met with the same level of customer service?

On 5/27/2017 at 9:16 PM, Lotusland49p said:

This is a 100 L Boiler Purchased from DYE one of 3 the Pictures speak for themselves - warning they have not a clue what they are doing  - no warranty - they do not reply  - beware.

Is that one of the 26 gallon "milk can" stills?  I may be mistaken, but I don't believe they actually make those but rather source them from one of about a million alibaba manufacturers.  Run a cleaning cycle (again, doubtful they have CIP) with TSP.   A friendly bit of advice, you're facing a real uphill battle trying to make a go if it with a 26 gallon still.