Archived?

It is not just you!

This post is the first "view new content" I could find in the last 18 hours at least

In the process of removing the redirect bug, the background of the forum was updated which I think caused the disappearance of posts between 5/8 and Today. The archive setting for older posts was also mistakenly set on for all post. The forum is in the process of un-archiving any post that has had a comment in the last year.

Thanks Eric

Why archive posts older that 1 year, or that just temporary? There are sometimes old posts that newer members re-ignite.

• 3 months later...

Can I ask again, why archive older posts? I recently wanted to refresh my memory of some detail in older discussions and they have vanished!

Can I ask again, why archive older posts? I recently wanted to refresh my memory of some detail in older discussions and they have vanished!

The archive function shouldn't have deleted any of the older posts. The archive function was turned on in part to help preserve against corruption while the forum was being updated to try and remove the redirect bug. In the interest of allowing conversations to continue for new and older members, archiving has been suspended.

The archive function shouldn't have deleted any of the older posts. The archive function was turned on................, archiving has been suspended.

Hi Eric,

I am not sure if I understand what you have said here. Do you mean there is no archiving and we should be able to see and reply to all the older posts?

There are old posts that I am not able to reply to, but all the thread is there, at least all the information is there, although I haven't checked to see if "search" will find them.

But there are other posts that we can reply to that have a lot of the earlier part of the thread missing.

For example "what to do with 'heads'?" There were pages of suggestions there but I can only see the very last reply.

Thanks for your work on this great forum

Pete

You are a legend Eric, I assume it was you who fixed the archiving issue.

I can now search old threads. There are some good discussions that should be re-ignited occasionally.

Hey Pete you are welcome.

I looked into that thread you mentioned about tails and you are right that only the most recent post is available. I submitted a support request to the forum host to see if they can be recovered. If you notice any other threads like that please let me know. I am grateful for users like you who make this forum so useful and dynamic.

FYI

Some old topics and post had deleted due to a malfunction in the archive feature. They have been restored, so topics like "what to do with 'heads'? are back.

• 4 weeks later...