Hello to All

Hello,

I guess I've been lurking long enough. I'm Shawn Patrick hailing from Athens, GA at the moment. I have been a technical geek for over 25 years with several successful companies under my belt. Well, at least successful in my own mind. I make a good living sitting at home developing software for various industries. It's time for me to hang up the mouse and try my hand at distilling. If it was only as simple as clicking a mouse. :) No, seriously. I am completely burnt out from the technology world and really need something different in my life. Maybe it's my mid-life crisis and that brand new shiny still looks like a bright new red Ferrari F12 Berlinetta to me. Yeah Baby!

I'm currently in the early stages of planning which really means scratching my head more often than my b@11s. Luckily I know a few MBA's who are nice enough (being paid well) to write my business plan and I can spend my day figuring out what pot still to buy. After that, not really sure. Anyway, as McKee would put it, "One Dragon at a Time". I'm a master at not knowing what the hell I'm doing. Which really has never scared me before, why now.

The forum has been a great resource and I appreciate everyone's participation. Thanks and I look forward to networking with a few of you while I embark upon this wide adventure of Craft Distillery.

Take care,

Shawn Patrick

Insert Distillery Name Here

Thanks for the comments. Yes, intellectual property is important. I have begun that process and should have most of it completed in the next few weeks. I'm still probably 18 to 24 months away from distilling my first drop. I like a good challenge, it keeps me alive and awake at night. As for the Ferrari, I'm really a simple man that calls it like I see it and drives a pickup truck.

Take care,

Shawn Patrick

Insert Distillery Name Here

• 4 weeks later...

Phil and Roberto had the right idea! Cracked me up....

Welcome to the Forum and you picked a profession that if all else fails you can drink your breakfast.

My name is Irene George with All American Label. We are printers of custom labels as well as exhibitors at these wonderful ADI trade shows.

When it comes time for you to consider that side of the business, I'd love to send you samples of our print work. I can also help you find great graphic designers as well.

Connect with me whenever you are ready.

irene@allamericanlabel.net (not .com...always confusion there).