Labeler Source for Square Bottles with Tapered Edges

BraedenB

Hey All,

We are using a "sqround" bottle, which is to say a square bottle with tapered edges and rounded faces. Unfortunately that means our bottle does not work with hand operated, square or round labeling machines.

Here is the technical specs of the bottle http://www.bruniglass.com/assets/Uploads/pdf/17291D1.pdf

We are using the Bruni Contessa and I believe AAC has a similar one in the Milan.

I have heard that the 105 Race RLTC SP might work but didn't have the best reviews. We are fine hand labeling until we can afford an automated line, but if anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them.

Cheers.

I'm confident that you could use the Race RLTC SP. While operating the labeler very quickly is a skill that has to be developed, you should have it dialed in after a few days of working with it.

Will this work with wide labels that wrap more than half way around this type of bottle??

Thanks for the advice Brenton. We will check that out and I am sure we will put in the time to become proficient with the RACE.

Pete, for your information we are using just a front and back label that don't cross any of the corners on the bottle. We have talked to a few other distillers using these types of bottles and they mentioned that they had some trouble doing any wrap around with the tapered edges.

For anyone else reading this post, we found an automated machine as well. Although it is out of our price range, most Tamp style of label applicators can work with these bottles. Here is a link to a model that we know works with the Bruni Contessa: http://www.take-a-label.com/tal-3100t/

Anyone else with this problem, feel free to PM me and I can fill you in on how these work for us.

• Thumbs up 1

Thanks Denher, I will get at you in a bit about a Race.

We had looked at the Primara AP550 which is what I think you are referring to. It claims to work with tapered edges, although all the demo videos I have been able to find only have it with perfectly square bottles. Anyone using this that can attest to its ability to do "sqround" bottles?

Video of the AP550:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Josh. We are planning on modifying the bottle guides a bit using a rigid foam pad we cut to fit the bottle exactly. Probably will add some time, but will cut down on any mislabeling.

I will follow up here with pictures and let you know how it works, once we get it all set up.

The Primara seen above won't work for my labels as they are too wide, they wrap around. Looks a great machine for flat surfaces, might get one for my true square bottle if demand builds.

on the base of the square/round bottles I have, there is a deep notch which I presume can be used to line up the bottles correctly.

The foam cutout sounds as if it could work but I am working on making a locating pin for the notch.

Pete

• 4 weeks later...

Will this work with wide labels that wrap more than half way around this type of bottle??

We use this machine for a label that wraps around one corner. Basically, the machine helps get the label started properly and we then use our fingers to press the label around the corner. It's all about getting perfect initial contact between the label and the glass. Again, getting quick and consistent results from this machine is a skill the user has to develop. But the learning curve is relatively short compared to most things involved in operating a distillery.

• 5 years later...
On 11/11/2015 at 11:27 AM, BraedenB said:

Hey All,

We are using a "sqround" bottle, which is to say a square bottle with tapered edges and rounded faces. Unfortunately that means our bottle does not work with hand operated, square or round labeling machines.

Here is the technical specs of the bottle http://www.bruniglass.com/assets/Uploads/pdf/17291D1.pdf

We are using the Bruni Contessa and I believe AAC has a similar one in the Milan.

I have heard that the 105 Race RLTC SP might work but didn't have the best reviews. We are fine hand labeling until we can afford an automated line, but if anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them.

Cheers.

Did you happen to find a good solution for this bottle? We have the same issue in addition to a wrap around two part front label.