Barrel filling with auto-off gas nozzle

rtshfd

I've come across a stainless steel auto-off nozzle similar to what you see at gas stations. I'm reading that this type of nozzle can't be used with gravity. Does anyone use this type of nozzle and if so what type of pump are you using? I have a small double-diaphram air pump I move spirits with but I don't know how it would work with this nozzle.

Thanks!

Many air diaphragm pumps allow you deadhead them against closed discharge and the pump will shut off automatically. The discharge pressure builds up against the closed outlet until the air inlet pressure is no longer sufficient to pump the liquid, and the pump stops itself.

So in your scenario the nozzle would shut off automatically, pressure would build up against the closed nozzle, and the pump would shut off automatically until the nozzle is re-opened.

Read the operating instructions that came with your pump to determine if it allows deadheading. Many ADPs tout deadhead auto shutoff as a feature. Also figure out what pressure the nozzle is rated to shut off against without leaking.

Michael, does the Flojet G70 allow deadheading? I assume it does, since it is an option for the Mori...

Also, is there a particular water separator you recommend for the air line?

Michael, does the Flojet G70 allow deadheading? I assume it does, since it is an option for the Mori...

Yep, they allow deadheading.

Also, is there a particular water separator you recommend for the air line?

We usually use AW-series SMC filter/regulators with auto-drains.