geochemist transitioning into spirits industry

gabericharde

Greetings ADI folks,

I have been working in Europe as a geochemist in the oil & gas industry for the past 3.5 years and now I am looking to transition into the spirits industry as an assistant distiller or distilling intern. When I was performing my job search nearly 4 years ago I was simultaneous looking for distilling positions and geochemist positions, but I ended up going with oil & gas to have some international experience. Now I would like to "right the ship" and get back to where I feel I belong, in the spirits industry.

I have my MSc in Geochemistry from University of Kentucky (2012) and my BSc in Geology from Wheaton College (2010). My time in Kentucky was particularly formative as it introduced me to some of the bigger names in American whiskies and gave me ample opportunities to visit, taste, and marvel at large scale distilling operations.

Although much of my spirits and brewing related experience has been at the hobby scale, I have tried my hand at nano scale distillation and 25+ gallon homebrewing of beers, hard ciders, and meads. My background in geochemistry gives me an aptitude and familiarity with water chemistry, biochemistry of malting/mashing, pH balancing, as well as back setting and sour mashing methods.

I believe I would be a great fit as an assistant distiller as my work ethic, corporate experience with time/project management, and varied working and hobby experiences have taught me the richness of continued education. I have my resume and recommendations available upon request for those offering work opportunities. Although I currently live in Berlin, Germany, I am an American citizen and I am willing to relocate essentially anywhere in the continental United States (with a slight preference for the East Coast). I can be reached at the e-mail listed below.

Kind regards,

Gabriel Ellison RiCharde

gabe.richarde@my.wheaton.edu

• 5 months later...

Hi Gabe

feel free to contact me at 973-493-2667

or email at jerome@dillcomm.com

i'm launching a small distillery in Minnesota and am looking for someone to help me get it off the ground so would be a great ground floor opportunity.

• 1 year later...