New.......Stills.........Suggestions?

Dellmation

Any suggestions on where I begin?

I am a new investor to the Craft Distillery business and I need help. Any suggestions on where I start. This is something that just happened and I usually know everything there is to know about my investments prior to investing. HA.

Any tips on still selection, construction, vendors and suppliers will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Start with a book on distilling. Read nearly every post in the Forum. Take a distilling class. The business is far more complicated than I ever dreamed, not to mention the hundreds of thousands of dollars to capitalize the business, then you gotta sell what you make.

Good luck!!

Start with a book on distilling. Read nearly every post in the Forum. Take a distilling class. The business is far more complicated than I ever dreamed, not to mention the hundreds of thousands of dollars to capitalize the business, then you gotta sell what you make.

Good luck!!

Sounds about right! Jumping on the forums now and looking for that class on Distilling! Any suggestions on where I can find a good class? You are right! This business is way more complicated than the simple widget! Ha

Hello Delmation,

We many great stills at the best prices. Check us out at http://distillery-equipment.com We have sold equipment to over 125 distilleries. If you would like a reference list with a list of distilleries where you can see our equipment in action, email paul@distillery-equipment.com

• Thumbs up 1

Hello.

A colleague of mine who actually taught me how to make stills has started a school.

There was an article on him in this most recent edition of Distiller Magazine. Max The Still Maker is the title of the article and it gives information on the school.

I bring this up because I wonder if you have ever considered building your own.

That is what I did and now I even make stills for other people.

I hope having this option helps you.

Good luck.

Wow!!!!!! THIS IS AWESOME! GLAD I STAYED ONLINE! I caught your post right as I was signing off and quickly found that article. I must have missed it! I can't believe it. I was really unsure about being able to build my own still but reading the article with Max and Joao building their own still sounds like a great direction and one to really get to know about distilling with the right equipment.....and building it myself! Thank you so much. I will be reaching out to Max tomorrow first thing. THIS IS AWESOME! Thanks again.

Well I got with Max. A very nice and open individual. His knowledge seems overwhelming so he explained about his workshop for individuals such as myself. This workshop will give me the still knowledge so that I can design our own still AND HE WILL HELP. I can even send students to learn the still process and intern with Max throughout the design and build process. He didn't try and sell me anything. He was just great to talk. This was the best news. Anyone out there hear of this class and Max? Is this legit? If so then I think it's what I was looking for. Thank you Jaoa

Well I got with Max. A very nice and open individual. His knowledge seems overwhelming so he explained about his workshop for individuals such as myself. This workshop will give me the still knowledge so that I can design our own still AND HE WILL HELP. I can even send students to learn the still process and intern with Max throughout the design and build process. He didn't try and sell me anything. He was just great to talk. This was the best news. Anyone out there hear of this class and Max? Is this legit? If so then I think it's what I was looking for. Thank you Jaoa

If I didn't know any better I'd say you're a sale's man for the classes. :lol: