Bottles?

grehorst

I like many others am having trouble finding suppliers of small quantities of liquor bottles. We purchase container loads for our main products (vodka and gin) but I am about to release several small batch products and am looking for small volumes of unique shapes. Some I may only want a few hundred of. Does anyone have any resources they could share????

On another note, our main supplier Saver Glass couldn't supply our large volume bottle (Ariane 750ml) for several months. Fortunately I found Bruni Glass offered an almost identical bottle and was able to supply it when we needed it. Contact Richard Richmond at Bruni if you are in a similar situation. Their catalog is online at www.bruniglass.com

Richard Richmond

Kentucky Sales Representative

Bruni Glass Packaging,Inc.

Bardstown, KY 40004

Tel. 502 350 0691

Did Saver offer a list of distributors that you could contact? I would think someone would have some of those bottles available.

I wonder if there is a way to create a CO-OP where we can purchase as a large group to help bring done the cost of products that we need and make it easier to guarantee that things like bottles are avaiable when we need them..

Did Saver offer a list of distributors that you could contact? I would think someone would have some of those bottles available.

I wonder if there is a way to create a CO-OP where we can purchase as a large group to help bring done the cost of products that we need and make it easier to guarantee that things like bottles are avaiable when we need them..

A stellar idea! I know for a fact that several companies are using the Arianne. I've often said maybe I should have gotten in the liquor bottle business instead of the liquor business. Saver did give me a couple distributors, unfortunately none are stocking bottles- they seem to just funnel orders to Saver. I would have pressed for the names of customers who purchase and try to work out a deal with them, but I discovered Bruni (Thanks Crafty!) and quickly made a deal to get some from them.

As for small orders of bottles, I did buy a small order of 375ml's from a supplier in Canada, I'll post their contact info soon as I come across it again.

I use Waterloo Container (www.waterloocontainer.com) out of NY. A decent selection and I've had good luck with their customer service. They even helped arrange freight for equipment that I ordered elsewhere. If you're flexible on the timing, they'll coordinate with other orders to reduce shipping. I tend to order three pallets at a time - but mixed and matched. I've ordered as little as 30-40 cases of some bottles.

On a side note, Vitro stopped producing one of the bottles I use most (W106 punted champagne). Saint Gobain makes one that is supposed to be the same spec - but the breakage in my corker suggests that it's not quite the same. I've also had to adjust packaging as capsule producers have gone out of business. Loosing suppliers is very frustrating.

Guy,

Did you try Four Star Packaging? Scott Morris there can get short run and odd lots of spirit bottles. 610.788.2740

Eric

I use Waterloo Container (www.waterloocontainer.com) out of NY. A decent selection and I've had good luck with their customer service. They even helped arrange freight for equipment that I ordered elsewhere. If you're flexible on the timing, they'll coordinate with other orders to reduce shipping. I tend to order three pallets at a time - but mixed and matched. I've ordered as little as 30-40 cases of some bottles.

On a side note, Vitro stopped producing one of the bottles I use most (W106 punted champagne). Saint Gobain makes one that is supposed to be the same spec - but the breakage in my corker suggests that it's not quite the same. I've also had to adjust packaging as capsule producers have gone out of business. Loosing suppliers is very frustrating.

Charles, do they carry liquor bottles? A lot of wine bottles don't have enough head space for spirits.

• 1 month later...

Guy, call Bridgette Danforth at Gamer Packaging, pull up the site, I do not have the number right now. I dealt with her when I was brewing in Wisconsin, and she is getting some stuff together for us here.

• 4 weeks later...
Interesting point. I have often argued this with the bottling line. What are your thoughts on headspace with regard to spirits?

Well, in our case it's a matter of climate. If you fill a bottle as required by the US government tables, you need quite a bit of headspace or you run the risk of forcing off a top as the alcohol expands with temperature. I have seen this problem with liquor bottles kept in a hot vehicle- most wine bottles do not seem to offer as much room for expansion.

Well, in our case it's a matter of climate. If you fill a bottle as required by the US government tables, you need quite a bit of headspace or you run the risk of forcing off a top as the alcohol expands with temperature. I have seen this problem with liquor bottles kept in a hot vehicle- most wine bottles do not seem to offer as much room for expansion.

Agreed, thats what I thought you were referring to. Expansion is a real problem here in Australia, we often get well over 60C in a car in summer. Last year I had some issues with heat striking on our Gin, and sent some small temp loggers out with the odd shipment, some came back reading a high point of 75C ! Found my heat striking cause ;-)

Fortunately our excise laws state we can fill a bottle anywhere, as long as its consistent, and agrees with the label.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! Everyone!

Pascal here from United Bottles, I'm happy I found this site, we've been advertising in the DRD for a while and made many good friends in the last year.

I love the structure of the forum, congratulations to the administrators.

We're a bit new to this industry but for the last 2 years we've been making some private moulds out of Europe for the beer, wine and water industry.

Recently we have worked on an important private mould project for a distillery and the glass was coming out of Asia.

Although it's illegal to copy an exiting mould, different options are available for the Ariane situation.

We don't have anything similar to the Ariane in stock but if any of you are interested in giving us your annual requirements I would be more than happy to get the ball rolling and work on this project.

We have the knowledge the storage space and the operation to make it work, but most importantly we have the passion.

SANTÉ! :)

Hi! Everyone!

Pascal here from United Bottles, I'm happy I found this site, we've been adverting in the DRD for a while and made many good friends in the last year.

I love the structure of the forum, congratulations to the administrators.

We're a bit new to this industry but for the last 2 years we've been making some private moulds out of Europe for the beer, wine and water industry.

Recently we have worked on an important private mould project for a distillery and the glass was coming out of Asia.

Although it's illegal to copy an exiting mould, different options are available for the Ariane situation.

We don't have anything similar to the Ariane in stock but if any of you are interested in giving us your annual requirements I would be more than happy to get the ball rolling and work on this project.

…we have the knowledge the storage space and the operation to make it work, but most importantly we have the passion.

SANTÉ! :)

Just wanted to say I have placed two orders with Pascal and United Bottles. Both have been THE smoothest transactions with a bottle supplier I have had, including lots of followup, calls keeping me up to date on delivery schedules, etc...

If anyone else is using the Ariane or Serenade I would be interested in possibly pooling orders and developing our own similar mold. Email me if interested.

• 4 months later...
I use Waterloo Container (www.waterloocontainer.com) out of NY. A decent selection and I've had good luck with their customer service.

I'd just like to second the praise for Waterloo. We found them to have the best prices and excellent customer service on our hard-to-get bottles. In fact, their price was better than what was offered by Saverglass - the manufacturer!