Infusing Fruit into Vodka

william-bailey

So our operation is about to get into vodkas and will focus on infused vodkas from fruits, nuts, etc. I know that very little fruit flavor will make it through the still but we plan to add fruit after distilling (along with sugar). We want to use real fruit to infuse vs using syrups or fruit concentrated juices (part of our marketing). I've done this (personally, not professionally) using pineapple with great success.

Is this legal considering there is a post about maximum sugar allowances? Has anyone else done this? What TTB regulations or laws should I be worried about?

Shelf life concerns even at 70 proof?

William

Pulled chapter 4 up for another thread, may as well copy-paste here as well.

Flavored Vodka:

• Vodka flavored with natural flavoring materials, with or without the addition of sugar, bottled at not less than 30% alcohol by volume (60 proof)
  • The name of the predominant flavor shall appear as part of the class and type designation, e.g., “Orange Flavored Vodka”
  • Wine may be added but if the addition exceeds 2½% by volume of the finished product, the classes and/or types and percentages (by volume) of wine must be stated as part of the class and type designation

• 2 months later...