Stripping run stalling at 40%

CODistiller

Tell us about your still. As the kettle contents drifts more toward water the BP will increase. If you're unable to progressively add more heat to the pot to meet the demand of boiling the contents that which you describe coudl occur.

• Thumbs up 1

I have tried hitting the still with full steam without much luck.

That's certainly not what I expected you to say! I would guess one of two things. If you're running a plated column perhaps your turndown ratio is too high by overcooling the dephlegmator. Otherwise, I'd look to your boiler: make sure it isn't flooding or dry firing (more accurately not firing if the LWCO has activated). Check that all valves are open (I would imagine you'd get horrible water hammer if they weren't) and that your condensate return pump (fickle bastards that they are) is working correctly.

Any fouling deposits built up on your steam coils/jacket ? They'll reduce the heat transfer, which becomes more critical in the later stage when the BP rises due to increased water percentage.

Thanks for the responses. I have tried hitting the still with full steam without much luck. Possibly my boiler is not running at full capacity... It is just odd that this started happening with the last couple batches, and I have never had this problem before.