Vibrating Screen Separator.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Sim,

Kason has a great deal of experience dewatering spent grains. We manufacture both vibratory and centrifugal screeners in the USA at our factory in Millburn, NJ.

The vibratory screener (Vibroscreen) will be able to dewater the solids adequately at low rates. However, our centrifugal screener (Centri-Sifter) will be able to get the solids drier since the Centri-Sifter applies force to help push water through the screen. We have both new and refurbished Vibroscreens and Centri-Sifters available. The Vibroscreen will be less expensive than the Centri-Sifter.

Please feel free to send me and email/message or give me a call if you would like to discuss your application further.

Mike Hart

Application Engineer

Kason Corporation

973-467-8140 ext. 129

mhart@kason.com

Hi Sim,

Kason has a great deal of experience dewatering spent grains. We manufacture both vibratory and centrifugal screeners in the USA at our factory in Millburn, NJ.

The vibratory screener (Vibroscreen) will be able to dewater the solids adequately at low rates. However, our centrifugal screener (Centri-Sifter) will be able to get the solids drier since the Centri-Sifter applies force to help push water through the screen. We have both new and refurbished Vibroscreens and Centri-Sifters available. The Vibroscreen will be less expensive than the Centri-Sifter.

Please feel free to send me and email/message or give me a call if you would like to discuss your application further.

Mike Hart

Application Engineer

Kason Corporation

973-467-8140 ext. 129

mhart@kason.com

how much for a unit?? how much for the replacement screens?

how do we what screens to use? we have 2 different grinds we do.. flour, and corn meal type.

I had a good chat to the guys from Russel Finex at ADI conference San Diego, and emailed Mike, above.

I am almost convinced it is the way to go to separate solids before fermentation.

The vibroscreen is a lot more gentle on the solids than the centrisifter which I think will make dryer solids but could push more solids into the liquid stream

But the price of a new one is a bit steep if I find it won't do the job well enough.

Currently looking for an old second hand or cheap Chinese one. If it works well then I will invest in a good one.

Will keep you posted on results

how much for a unit?? how much for the replacement screens?

how do we what screens to use? we have 2 different grinds we do.. flour, and corn meal type.

We have multiple size units for both the Vibroscreen and Centri-Sifter. In addition, many of these models are offered in both new and factory refurbished options. The cost of the unit and replacement screens will vary depending on the size of the machine. We offer competitive pricing for replacement screens on other manufacturers' screeners as well.

If you would like me to provide pricing for your specific application, please send me a message or email. The most important information required when sizing a unit is the desired capacity in GPM, the percentage of solids in the feed material and the size of the solids.

If you are unsure of the size of the solids or any other information, Kason can help. We offer free lab testing at our facility in New Jersey. This can help to determine an appropriate screen mesh size and confirm the machine sizing. Screens are easily changeable on our machines. In most cases, the screens can be swapped in less than 10 minutes when you are changing grinds.

- Mike Hart

Kason Corporation

mhart@kason.com

973-467-8140 ext. 129

Hello Mike

Many thanks for the reply Mike. I have bought a separator but any advice on screens, usage etc would be very welcome.

Thanks

Sim,

I hope that the new machine is working well for you. Kason offers competitive pricing on replacement screens for all manufacturers of vibratory screeners. We would just need to know the diameter of your machine. There are many different screen mesh sizes available for these vibratory screeners.

The Kason Mesh Chart can be found at the following link:

http://www.kason.com/images/BB-1091_MeshChart2013.pdf

We typically use the Market Grade or Tensile Bolting Cloth (TBC) screens on our Vibroscreen Separators. The Mill Grade is also available but is not as common. TBC screens are popular because they allow for a higher percentage open area than the market grade for fine mesh screens.

Mike Hart

Kason Corporation

mhart@kason.com

973-467-8140 ext. 129

Thanks Mike

I will give it a look over !

Im not at present in production but nay in the planning & equipment gathering phase.

Thanks for your input & I'll get with you if it looks like you could help me.

Many thanks

Thanks Sim,

Please do not hesitate to email or call me if I can be of assistance or if you would like to bounce ideas around.

Mike Hart

Kason Corporation

mhart@kason.com

973-467-8140 ext. 129