Triclamping everything. Tri clover

Simon13

in my wee distillery, currently under construction, everything is 2" triclamped. The still drains, the heat exchanger, the HLT, the mobile pumps, the mash tun. We are using flexible brewing hose to move around water, worts, wash, wash distillate.

The chaps out in europe seem to be struggling to wrap their heads around sticking triclamp fitting and valves on the oak fermention vessels, seems to be their first time doing this and I seem to be causing a lot of confusion and a million questions and i'm almost begining to doubt myself. Am I being mad or are triclamps the way forward?

Standard valves (?)

"Usually we have instaled standrd valves, which has no connector, just we put the valve through the hole from one side in to the barrel and from inner side of the barrel is screw . When ordering the complete valve, there is all parts for assembling. For standard valve there is valve, a screw adn rubber gascket."

For something like a barrel or oak vessel, which obviously can't be welded, you could use a bulkhead fitting with NPT on the outside; then use a 2" NPT to 2" TC adaptor, which are readily available. You would probably have to order the parts from USA, where they are readily available. Or perhaps you can find a bulkhead fitting with BSP to TC.

All TC is good, as it gives you modularity. You have the right idea. You may want some fractional TC in the mix for your spirit lines.

Triclamp is fantastic for anything you may want to take apart again, it works well for pumps and hoses, but cam lock is even better for anything that is disconnected or reconected on a daily basis.

good news is that there are many suppliers of triclamp to camlock adapters.

>> but cam lock is even better for anything that is disconnected or reconected on a daily basis.

I must agree with Steven 110%. Although the initial investment is greater, purchasing equipment, hoses, pumps, etc with camlock rather than triclamp is money very well spent. It's infinitely easier to connect camlock fittings by yourself that triclamp.

We have a huge selection of triclamp parts including clamps, ferrules end caps, hose barb adapters and NPT adapters, butterfly valves, ball valves, site glasses, commercial grade thermometers and many, many more. We have the best quality and prices. https://www.distillery-equipment.com/oshop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=26 We have sold over $300,000.00 in tri clamp parts since we started 4 years ago. We be adding camlock connectors to our catalog in around 4 weeks.