Vodka turning pink in the bottle?

Big_Sur

Has anyone experienced vodka turning pink after being in a bottle for a while? 100% corn vodka, carbon filtered, starts out crystal clear....and turns a pinkish color after some time? Seems to have happened only after being opened for a while.

Only had one or 2 examples of this, just curious if anyone else has seen this. Possibly oxidation? Sunlight? Residue from cleaning solution used on bottling filter?

Never had an unopened bottle go pink. There is a single bottle that supposedly has turned pink after some amount of time after opening....I've yet to actually see this and have seen hundreds of identical bottles not have that problem.

The only thing I can possibly think of is high iron levels in the proofing water oxidizing?  The "supposedly turned pink" leads me to believe it's a customer making the claim?  Maybe someone wearing lipstick decided to sneak a swig from the bottle and some of the lipstick dissolved on the vodka that touched their lips?  Just an idea.

We had some beer turn purple from residual cleaning solution. Not sure vodka would have all the pieces for the reaction to happen, but I would say it's a solid guess.