captnKB

slot floor drains

7 posts in this topic

We run our 1.5" and 2" hoses directly into our trench drain (with the grate removed) when we're emptying liquid stillage or whatever else -- that slot drain would not allow for that. It looks cool though.

1 person likes this

After spending an hour today on my knees scrubbing the floor drains so they were impeccably clean - how exactly do you clean a slot drain?  Looking at the site they talk about plumbing in CIP systems or flush lines?  Sounds pricey.

I'll second Lenny's comment about popping off a grate and dropping in a hose.

3 hours ago, Silk City Distillers said:

After spending an hour today on my knees scrubbing the floor drains so they were impeccably clean [...]

Uh, why?

I can't imagine how many tri clamp gaskets I'd lose in a drain like that...

1 person likes this

Power washers clean every damn thing we have, including furry trench drains.  Make the investment and buy a good one.  You wont regret it.

6 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Power washers clean every damn thing we have, including furry trench drains.  Make the investment and buy a good one.  You wont regret it.

+1 on a power washer and detergents, heat, etc. all assist on the cleaning. A concern about the slotted drain is plugging of the slot with solids, semi-solids and slow drainage if a large amount of material needs to be flushed from the floor. The small volume of the evacuation channel will not allow the same drainage as a regular grated channel.

They do look nice.