Tennessee Process

GPK90

Hello,

Newbie here, this seems like a great forum and any help would be appreciated!

I am with a small distillery in Kentucky and we are beginning to explore getting the product into other states beginning with Tennessee. We already sell our product in and around Hopkinsville, KY as well as on Ft. Campbell. I have spent a good bit of time on the TN ABC website but I have a question I was hoping someone could answer. My boss is under the impression that there is a particular order in which one must register with distributors and the state. Specifically, do we have to register with the state first before we register with a distributor or vice versa? 

I know we have to get a non-resident seller license and after that register with the TN Dept of Revenue.

Thank you very much!

GPK

I am in TN and we first got a distillery license to operate in TN then a distributor then registered our brands with the state. Of course, you don't need a TN distillery license but you have to have a distributor before you can register your brands with TN. But I am not 100% sure it's the same for out of state distilleries, so I would suggest you find a distributor first and then they can help you negotiate the TN process and probably do some of it for you with the state.

• Thumbs up 1

• 3 weeks later...