Tasting Rooms

We will be opening our distillery in Florida and are trying to decide how much of a taste we will give to visitors,does anyone know if there are regulations on this?  I can't find anything on it  in the Florida Statutes covering distillery's I have visited a couple of distillery's who give a small drink and also sample taste of other spirits for visitors who take their tour.  Thought I would start here on the Forums before I just call a Florida distiller and ask what they are doing.......

We started free-pouring tastes and immediately knew it was a mistake, so we ordered 1/4 oz pourers from Magnusson. Basically the pour-spout stops after a 1/4 oz so you never over pour the taste. As I understand CO law, we can pour a maximum of 4, 1/4 oz tastes so that's our distilleries limit.

Having a four taste limit has helped us put the kabosh on people who 'over-sample' and we are already planning on doing 4 tastes and a tour for $10, to reduce the free-loaders.

Illinois is similar, 3 x 1/4 tastings is the limit (per person per day). We don't advertise, but we always allow it on request or in the context of selling to a visiting client. On the other hand, our advertised tour and tasting for $10 allows up to 12 x 1/4 tastings (most of our product line), and as such, is treated legally as an "event" sale (we have full bar license as part of our distillery), requiring food be provided (popcorn suffices).