iStill 250 For Sale

bkw

iStill 250 for sale - brand new in the crate.  $8,000 o.b.o.

250 liter packed column still, fully automated. 220V package, + iCatalyst 250 gin attachment.

For complete info, see istill.eu, where it is listed as the iStill 250 Base.

3 phase, 230V, 80 amps

Power draw during heatup:  18,000 W

Power during remaining operation:  9,000W

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

bkw would you know if a guy would have to pay duty on that unit to bring it into canada . even tho its never bin used would it be classed at the border as new or used . i called CBS and asked but have yet to get a reply . i did find out that duty is excempt from distillery equiptment made in the US but there not sure about equiptment bought and resold before it is used . any info would be great . 

tim 

Tim, I just imported a GENIO Still from the Baltimore ADI Expo into Canada last night. The still is made in Poland and there are no duties on the importation, just 5% GST.  Classification term I used was "Distiller - Rectification Plant".  Hope this helps.  Feel free to reach out to me if you have any more specific questions about importation, I've dealt with many different scenarios and don't mind sharing.

thanks kannuck for the info we have bought a still but am having trouble getting it delivered if we have to pull the pin on the one we bought we would consider driving down and picking the next one up but would like to stick to the baine marie jacketed still ,,,, but bozeman isnt a long drive we are seriously considering it and just get our money back on the one we bought ...time will tell . 

CBSA told me 8% tariff for a still not manufactured in the US (maybe Eu trade agreement reduces it to 0% like stills covered by NAFTA?). However, CBSA told me tgat there is 0% tariffs on brewing equipment such as Mash Tuns, irrespective of source. So if the bill of lading says that that machine is used to make Mash.....

All that said, Kannuk knows his stuff. I called the CBSA 1-800 number several times and found the folks I got on the line knew the material cold. You could always call again and hope for someone different.

I used to work for CBSA in Toronto for 5 years many moons ago.  Definitely no duties on distilling equipment manufactured in Europe or USA , just use key term: "Distiller - or Rectification Plant" tariff code 8419.40.00.00, you will need to pay 5% GST, which you will get back when you file your quarterly or annual GST/HST return.

Also, just an FYI, Canada signed a CETA agreement with EU earlier this year, which is equivalent to NAFTA agreement between Canada, USA and Mexico.  Therefore going forward (likely starting July 1, 2017), there will be no duties on any goods under the CETA agreement and certifications between Canada and Europe will be respected (for example Canada will honour Electrical certifications coming from Europe and vice-versa), so no need to get additional CSA certifications on electrical components with CE markings coming from Europe, just something to be aware of when considering buying from Europe.  It should be a lot easier now.  People in USA will still require UL or CSA markings on electrical components to be used there.

Also, when driving with distilling equipment across border, have your spirits license with you in case CBSA wants to verify you are allowed to distill alcohol.

so the baine marie that we already purchased will have 8 % duty on it because its made in china but the i still in boseman probably wont . and if i drive to bozeman i dont have to go thru a broker and there fees to cross the border ? 

kannuck what would be a european suppier that you recomend for a jacketed still in case we never see this baine marie or cant make the istill in bozeman come true 

Hi Tim,

You will need an RM number (aka importation number which is very easy to get online free within 5 minutes) and fill out a B3 form when importing anything yourself without a broker.

I will PM you with my contact info to better answer any specific questions you may have about the importation process.

Cheers,

Adam

• 3 months later...