Custom Bottle

mheisz

Has anyone had any experience with off shore bottle suppliers?  I am currently debating going to a custom bottle with an off shore manufacturer but I am unsure of the suppliers and was wondering if anyone had any experiences and/or advice to share good or bad.  Specifically, I am looking at a chinese company for production of my bottles that would cut my costs but almost half delivered...

Thanks!

Mike

Hi Mike,

9 times out of 10, if you order bottles from a random chinese company, you will get terrible quality bottles.  Both cosmetic and functional defects.  That said, there are a handful of factories that are capable of making very good bottles.  But even with these factories, you still cannot totally rely on their quality control processes.  Your best bet is to work with a U.S. company like us or others like us, who handle all of the chinese manufacturing for you.  We have been doing this for over 10 years and have our own team of QC workers on the ground in China.  While our prices might not be quite as low as ordering directly from the chinese factory, it is still much lower than American and European glass factories.  And we can guarantee that you will receive a high quality product.   Not just for the bottles, but also labeling and decoration, closures, shipper cartons, and anything else packaging related.  I would be happy to discuss more if you wanted to call or email. michael@fusion-glassworks.com.  855-503-8746.

-Michael Ferchak

www.fusion-glassworks.com

Having done a bit of business in China here are a few things to look out for: 1) have samples tested for lead. We ran into a big issue with lead in paint for products that were certified lead free. 2) probably best to inspect before shipment, either do it yourself or have someone else do it for you.  The first batch may be good and then they will make changes to lower cost. If you don't inspect parts until they arrive you will get a bad batch. 3) small firms will require payment up front, this will effect your cash flow.  They are so small that they have to have you finance the order.  4) to get good prices you will be dealing with local small companies. Big companies know what it should cost and your price will be close to a us price once landed. 

With all that, it isn't impossible to get a good deal, but it isn't easy to get a combination of low pricing and high quality.  I have talked to suppliers here and they will do custom molds, but the moq is higher than I could use. 

Mike,

I understand your problem.  If this China company is a broker, you may have problems. We are in the business for 20 years supplying custom glass bottles from China.  Your best protection is to have the China company submit a quality report before shipping and paying the final balance.  We use a third party quality inspection company named Asia Inspection. They send a quality inspector to the factory in your behalf to inspect the bottles. See attached quality report they submit before anything ships from China.750ml headframe O-cn3-1101310_1rev.pdf . I would like the opportunity to quote this bottle for you. Below is ur offering.

Thank you for the opportunity to work on your custom glass bottle. I am confident we can produce the quality glass you require, in time and within budget. The offering is as follows:

Also, you are only 6 weeks from a reorder and do not need to worry about a distributor having your bottle in inventory.  Why buy a stock bottle when you can have your very own custom bottle? We offer custom design glass bottles. We decorate using Embossing, Spray Painting, Acid Etch Frosting, Silk Screen Printing, and Multi Color Decaling. Making your own custom bottle allows you to emboss your company name, logo, or design into the glass.

PRELIMINARY PRICE QUOTE

Order Quantity = 10,000 pieces fitting a 20 foot container

Mold Cost = $2,000

750ml Bottle Price = $0.80 Ex-works our China factory (you can arrange the transport if you like)

DDU Transport Price to your warehouse via ocean shipment = 0.40 ($4,000 total)

Total Price = 1.20 DDU delivered to your 44077 warehouse

SCHEDULE IS 12 WEEKS

1 week = bottle drawing

3 weeks = unit mold and sample the bottle

3 weeks = production molds and schedule production

1 weeks = run production

4 weeks = ocean ship to the USA

THE DEVELOPMENT PROCESS

1- Provide the ship to address, quantity, bottle shape, capacity, neck finish and decoration details

2- We provide a price quote.

3- If the price quote is acceptable, issue a PO

4- We make the engineering drawing for your approval

5- When the engineering drawing is approved, we make the mold and sample the bottle

7- When the bottle samples are approved, we schedule and run production

8- Bottles are packed into corrugated master cartons with internal dividers, palletized, strapped, and stretch wrapped

9- A MIL105e quality inspection is performed before anything ships

We are all about making good things happen. Given the chance, I will deliver the quality glass bottles you require. I want this order. Send me the details of your custom bottle. Please call me to discuss

Robert K. Miller

T561.818.8977

750ml headframe O-cn3-1101310_1rev.pdf

• Thumbs up 1

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Sorry I missed this one.

You don't need to go overseas for custom glass and you don't need to buy large quantities.

We work with you on your custom design and run minimums as low as 2,500 bottles.  Plus our factory is in Mexico City, so we deliver by truck and can hit anywhere in the US in about a week.

Tooling for small production (semi-automatic) is less than $10K.  Small run pricing is not going to be at automatic stock bottle levels, but you get to be in your custom design and build your brand.  

Would love to hear what you decided.

Brooke

Pavisa Glass

• 1 year later...
On 9/30/2016 at 12:14 PM, Robert Miller said:

Mike,

I understand your problem.  If this China company is a broker, you may have problems. We are in the business for 20 years supplying custom glass bottles from China.  Your best protection is to have the China company submit a quality report before shipping and paying the final balance.  We use a third party quality inspection company named Asia Inspection. They send a quality inspector to the factory in your behalf to inspect the bottles. See attached quality report they submit before anything ships from China.750ml headframe O-cn3-1101310_1rev.pdf . I would like the opportunity to quote this bottle for you. Below is ur offering.

Thank you for the opportunity to work on your custom glass bottle. I am confident we can produce the quality glass you require, in time and within budget. The offering is as follows:

Also, you are only 6 weeks from a reorder and do not need to worry about a distributor having your bottle in inventory.  Why buy a stock bottle when you can have your very own custom bottle? We offer custom design glass bottles. We decorate using Embossing, Spray Painting, Acid Etch Frosting, Silk Screen Printing, and Multi Color Decaling. Making your own custom bottle allows you to emboss your company name, logo, or design into the glass.

PRELIMINARY PRICE QUOTE

Order Quantity = 10,000 pieces fitting a 20 foot container

Mold Cost = $2,000

750ml Bottle Price = $0.80 Ex-works our China factory (you can arrange the transport if you like)

DDU Transport Price to your warehouse via ocean shipment = 0.40 ($4,000 total)

Total Price = 1.20 DDU delivered to your 44077 warehouse

SCHEDULE IS 12 WEEKS

1 week = bottle drawing

3 weeks = unit mold and sample the bottle

3 weeks = production molds and schedule production

1 weeks = run production

THE DEVELOPMENT PROCESS

1- Provide the ship to address, quantity, bottle shape, capacity, neck finish and decoration details

5- When the engineering drawing is approved, we make the mold and sample the bottle

7- When the bottle samples are approved, we schedule and run production

8- Bottles are packed into corrugated master cartons with internal dividers, palletized, strapped, and stretch wrapped

9- A MIL105e quality inspection is performed before anything ships

We are all about making good things happen. Given the chance, I will deliver the quality glass bottles you require. I want this order. Send me the details of your custom bottle. Please call me to discuss

Robert K. Miller

T561.818.8977

750ml headframe O-cn3-1101310_1rev.pdf

Love the fire Robert! 

• 2 weeks later...

I know I am catching this really late, but regarding custom bottles you don't need to go off-shore.

Large quantities, of course can be done anywhere, but small quantities for custom is also available in North America.

Pavisa Glass has semi-automatic tooling with run quantities of 5,000 and lower if needed.  The tooling is also small, so it costs only about $10K. Not China pricing, but still really good!

Pavisa is in Mexico, so everything is shipped on truck and only takes a week, or so after it completes to reach your door.  

Freight costs are though high, so the best efficiency is a full trailer if you can do it.  Depending upon design, that would be between 15,000 and 20,000 bottles.

This has made us insanely popular, so we have added more capacity to our semi lines  Last Sept when your inquiry was written, lead times were 5 months.

The new capacity has that down to 3 months.

All development, order placement, tracking, and service is done from the US office.  No worries about time zones, language, or such.

• 1 month later...

Mike,

I replied to this before.

Don Langlois, President of Aredien - offices in New York, Paris, and Hong Kong, www.aredien.com is capable of producing your 750ml bottles. Don’s entire career is based in the glass bottle industry; especially cosmetic and fragrance. Many liquor bottles designs emulate fragrance bottles. We have excellent quality control procedures. Thank you for the opportunity to work on your custom glass bottle. I am focused on encouraging customers not to purchase glass bottles from distributors and to build their own custom molds.  I am confident we can produce the quality glass you require, in time and within budget. You are dealing with a USA corporation and there is no need to wire transfer payment to China. The offering is as follows:

Why buy a stock bottle when you can have your very own custom bottle? We offer custom design glass bottles. We decorate using Embossing, Spray Painting, Acid Etch Frosting, Silk Screen Printing, and Multi Color Decaling. Making your own custom bottle allows you to differentiate your product/brand on shelf enabling a unique design, shape and the ability to emboss your company name, logo, or design into the package.  Also, you are only 6 weeks from a reorder and do not need to worry about a distributor having your package in inventory.

PRELIMINARY PRICE QUOTE

Order Quantity = 11,000 pieces fitting a 20 foot container

Mold Cost = $2,400

750ml Bottle Price = $0.90 Ex-works our China factory (you can arrange the transport if you like)

DDU Transport Price to your USA warehouse via ocean shipment = 0.30 ($3,300 total)

Total Price = 1.10 DDU delivered to your USA warehouse

SCHEDULE IS 12 WEEKS

1 week = bottle drawing

4 weeks = unit mold and sample the bottle

2 weeks = production molds and schedule production

1 weeks = run production

THE DEVELOPMENT PROCESS

6- When the bottle samples are approved, we schedule and run production

7- Bottles are packed into corrugated master cartons with internal dividers, palletized, strapped, and stretch wrapped

8- A MIL105e quality inspection is performed before anything ships

We can help you design a custom bottle. We are all about making good things happen. Given the chance, I will deliver the quality glass bottles you require. Send me the details of your custom bottle. Once the price quote and order quantity is approved, we will need the drawing or sample of the cork stopper and the closure for the bottle.  We can then properly engineer the glass bottle drawings to properly fit. Please call me to discuss

Best wishes,

Bob Miller

T561.818.8977