Hi everyone! First off, thanks to everyone who shares their knowledge on these forums. I've been reading them for a long time, and I'm excited to be starting down the road to becoming a distiller myself in the coming year.

My name is Jon, and I'm building a plan for a small scale brandy distillery here in Ontario. Will be a part-time endeavor at the start, and I've had the chance to work with a local distillery for some time to get an understanding of all the joys of distilling in Ontario, and travel North America through my 'day job' and meet and work with other distillers in the US and Canada as well.

I'm really interested in traditional, pot-still distillation for both brandy and whiskey, and I feel it's worth the extra effort. I'm of the mind that if I start small, and work to build a brand and following, I can make Ontario brandy successful, and produce some other fun products along the way that people get excited about.

Looking forward to being a part of this community, and one day sharing some of the knowledge I pick up along the way. I know it will be a long, difficult, frustrating, expensive, not particularly profitable journey. But it's mine, and I can't wait to take it!

• Thumbs up 1

Welcome to the forum Jon!

Based on your name (Speed River), are you planning on opening a distillery in the Kitchener-Guelph area?

If you need help or have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to me.  I'm in the Niagara Region.

Cheers,

Adam

Welcome Jon you are setting up in one of the nicest parts of the province (biased). We are setting up in Sudbury and look forward to seeing you setup (when I make the drive to St.Kitts to see Kannuk of course). And personally I'd love to see a brandy market in Ontario, it's really overlooked my too many.

Keep in touch

Shane