Emergency procedures for spill control and fire

vsaks

Not sure of the US regs but usually this is dictated by your local/state/federal safety regs. I'd be starting there. Since you're asking here I'll assume you don't know where to look, in which case I'd suggest you invest in an expert in the field. There's a US chap that's mentioned from time to time on here but the name escapes me right now.

Somebody will know the name of the consultant.

Thanks for the pointer. I looked at California Fire Codes 2013, and Chapter 4 is titled : Emergency Planning and Preparedness. So I guess that is the starting point on what needs to happen.

1 hour ago, TheMechWarrior said:

Not sure of the US regs but usually this is dictated by your local/state/federal safety regs. I'd be starting there. Since you're asking here I'll assume you don't know where to look, in which case I'd suggest you invest in an expert in the field. There's a US chap that's mentioned from time to time on here but the name escapes me right now.

Somebody will know the name of the consultant.

• 1 month later...

Tony Ordile of Haines Fire Protection can provide you with a complete fire protection plan BUT it aint cheap. 

My suggestion is to do your homework, put together a plan yourself and wait for your local authorities to weigh in before you hire a pro consultant.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The DISCUS manual is excellent and covers the topic well. Be aware, however that it is intended more for large facilities so the recommendations may be well in excess of what you need depending on the size of your distillery.