Mori filler help

daveflintstone

So I just set up and I'm trying to test my new Mori 6 spout filler.  Got a 43 foot three quarter inch hose hooked up to a bulk tank then to the included pump, flojet 4300-043.  Hose is floor level, filler is a couple feet above.  

The pump is running but nothing is being pumped through the hose. wth

Anyone have any idea what may be wrong? I'm trying to get this situated this weekend.

I guess you have tried these

loosen hose at pump inlet to check liquid getting to pump (the pump may need priming, is suction out top of tank or from tap on bottom?)

loosen hose at pump outlet. Any flow?

loosen or remove hose at filler inlet. Any flow?

(:huh: check that the inside of the hose is the same length as the outside, if the inside is shorter than the outside it won't work:lol:)

Thanks for the replies.

I disconnected the 43 foot reinforced flex PVC hose from the pump inlet and held it down by the floor so the liquid would flow from the bulk tank to the end of the hose. Before I did this the pump wasn't even pulling it halfway through the hose. Then I connected to the pump Inlet back again. Turned on the filler and lo and behold it pumped the liquid through the pump. But only 18 inches through the outlet hose to just before my inline 10 inch cartridge filter housing. And then the pump shut off, but the on switch on the filler is still on. Now I can turn it off and on and the pump does nothing, doesn't even start up. 

For future reference, in case there's anyone as dumb as me on here, it's really important to turn the fill / drain valve on the reservoir to the open position if you're trying to fill it.

I have been sitting here for 2 hours trying to get this to work. What is the dumbass emoji?

Loosen hose at filter and see if the pump re-starts.

If it does then loosen hose at filter outlet then keep working through all connections. EDIT until you find a tap turned off!!)

EDIT (Above suggestion for future problem solving, Dave just found problem before I posted)

15 hours ago, daveflintstone said:

For future reference, in case there's anyone as dumb as me on here, it's really important to turn the fill / drain valve on the reservoir to the open position if you're trying to fill it.

I have been sitting here for 2 hours trying to get this to work. What is the dumbass emoji?

Don't worry, you're definitely not the first ;)