Hello from Tennessee

I would like to bid you all a fond hello from TN. I have waited a long time for the opportunity to open a craft distillery close to my home, and am currently several hours away from that becoming a reality! Waiting on the local liquor referendums to pass after this election, and if they do I am certified to start the journey. I will be here much regardless of the outcome, and hope to make a few friends along the way. Also... I noticed, from what I've browsed, there aren't many posts from Tennessee. (I may have missed them) I would love to hear from any craft distiller currently operating in that state! Please and thank you!

That place is booming lately!  I appreciate the well wishes! The laws passed late last night, and I started this journey today. It's a daunting task, to be sure, but one I believe well worth it. Sent out my letters of intent to the county, and it's municipalities. Next step is to start the business end of this ordeal prior to starting the building. I guess now... I should say hold on tight, y'all! Lmfao!

• 1 month later...

Hi FQU8847,

I grew up in Townsend and most of my people came out of what is today the Great Smokey Mountain National park.  We have equipment in several distilleries in Sevierville and Pigeon Forge.  If you are interested in equipment let me know and I will give you the contact info for distilleries with our equipment that you can visit in your area.

"You can take the boy out of the mountains but you can never take the mountains out of the boy."

paul@distillery-equipment.com http://distillery-equipment.com   http://moonshine-still.co

Thanks, y'all! I'm going to be located in Ducktown, TN. Pretty much right on the TN, NC, GA borders. I think I have the equipment part halfway sorted out. (Though only time will tell) Gonna save your info just in case, southernhighlander!

Resourcelady, we will have an extremely small batch still for startup. Plan on making a white whiskey smoother than vodka, but with a sweet, floral flavor. Also plan on offering several different flavors of liquor from this same base spirit. Want to start putting some whiskey, and bourbon back to age ASAP! Will update when I'm actually getting closer to starting this haul!

• Thumbs up 1

• 2 weeks later...