Anyone have experience w/ Affordable Distillery Equipment LLC??

rickthenewb

• 2 weeks later...

That is our Standard Series 150 gallon Mash Tun.    It has large hinged lids on a removable clamp down top.  The agitator is a 1hp  agitator with a gear box that spins the shaft at 45 rpm max (high RPM agitators do not work well with thick grain in mashed).   This agitator has large paddles designed specifically for grain in mashes. With the optional VFD drive the agitator becomes veriable speed and can be reversed.  This mash tun also has a 1.5" diameter removable coil for crash cooling  your mash.  Each crash cool only takes around 30 minutes.  The unit as pictured, set up for steam is only $6,995.00  With programmable electric bain marie heat the price is $11,264.00  This unit is not on our web site yet, but we have sold several and they work very well.

I've been talking with Paul, so much lately, I've been thinking of calling my distillery "Paul's Place".  I can seriously say Paul has helped me more than anyone in the industry. No question is a dumb question when talking to him or his staff. He is easy talk to and great deal with.

• Thumbs up 1

The below was posted on our face book page by Steve Goodwin.

"After a recent experience, I must say the folks at Affordable Distillery Equipment are very helpful when you have questions and they have very fast turnaround time when you do place an order. Two thumbs up to Susan, Paul and the whole crew."

Thanks to Paul and Susan and their crew as we take delivery of our first still!

The distillery construction workers went nuts when we un-boxed it. (Site behind the truck)  Talk about building excitement and a market!

Awesome.

Glen

2017-09-07 14.16.34.jpg

• Thumbs up 1

Paul,

Email me price for the heat exchangers and any additional info.-Dave

On 9/5/2017 at 3:17 PM, Southernhighlander said:

Below is one of our heat exchangers for cooling mash.  This one is made in the USA at our shop here in mo.  The inner tubing is 2" and the outer tubing is 2.5".  paul@distillery-equipment.com 417-778-6100

Large_Heat_exchanger_1.jpg

large_heat_exchanger_2.jpg

Large_Heat_exchanger_3.jpg

robowop,

Yes, we have sold our Rite low pressure steam boilers to several customers in Canada.  If you would like a quote, please email paul@distillery-equipment.com and let us know what you will be firing with the boiler and your elevation above sea level.

Thank you

Paul Hall CEO Affordable Distillery Equipment LLC

http://distillery-equipment.com

http://moonshine-still.co

https://triclamp.co

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2017 at 8:59 AM, Southernhighlander said:

This heat exchanger has 54' of 2" tubing, jacketed with 2.5" tubing.  If we build it here the price is $4,795.00  If I have it built in China the new price is $3,973.00  The is not really any difference between us building it here or it being built in China.

Paul, what is the cooling rate for the HX pictured? I'm cooling 145°F mash to 80°F on the way to the fermenter with 5,000 gal of 50°F glycol chilled water. Are you recirculating in the mash kettle for a bit or one pass? 

A big thank you to Paul Hall and the great Great Folks at Affordable Distillery Equipment. Last week I made the 12-hour Drive from Georgia to Missouri. The drive was long, but oh oh oh oh so worth it. The good people there are glad to accommodate any request that you made would like( within reason). The business produces a quality of work that I have only seen in nuclear power plants. The work these guys do is unbelievable. They can do in the blink of an eye what I have been told cannot be done. The first picture (and best picture in my opinion) is of my still standing in my shop. The second picture would be of my still standing in Paul shop. The third picture is a perfect example of just how surprised you can be when traveling through the Ozarks. Just as you do not expect to find a Distillery equipment manufacturer in the Ozark Mountains, you do not expect to find a zebra. Low and behold both exist along Highway 160 in Missouri. Let the DSP application begin, I wish Paul could help me as much on my DSP as he has on a fantastic piece of equipment. I did fail to mention, that this was my design and Paul helped make it a reality. He can turn your dream, and your drawing into reality. The one thing you cannot find at Paul Hall's shop, is a cell phone signal, but they're nice enough to let you use the phone too.

Thank you

Paul Hall, Southernhighlander

0924171617c.jpg

0920171846a.jpg

0920171354b.jpg

• Thumbs up 1

On 9/24/2017 at 5:26 PM, HWY 101 said:

Paul, what is the cooling rate for the HX pictured? I'm cooling 145°F mash to 80°F on the way to the fermenter with 5,000 gal of 50°F glycol chilled water. Are you recirculating in the mash kettle for a bit or one pass? 

It will cool between 5 and 10 gallons per minute from 145°F to 80°F depending on the temp of the coolant.  Multiple passes are required.

• 3 weeks later...

We just delivered the baine marie electric 300 gallon  pro series, combination mash tun whiskey still yesterday.  Unlike our competitors, we can do Baine Marie electric stills in capacities up to an 800 gallons.  Also, our turnaround time on stock stills is currently as short as 6 weeks and we have most all sizes in stock.  Lately we have been selling an average of 3 systems per week and we have no problem keeping up.  paul@distillery-equipment.com. 417-778-6100

http://distillery-equipment.com

http://moonshine-still.co

http://triclamp.co

59dfd710c3c0a_300gallonBaineMarieproseriesmashtunwhiskeystill.thumb.jpg.20e4896dfb72cab8602d35f3228ac7a1.jpg

Rick,

Unfortunately I have a bad case of the flu.  Right now, I'm laying in bed using my laptop, so I don't have access to the info that I need to do the pricing for you.  I hope to be back in the office tomorrow or Sunday and I will supply you with some pricing then.  

Thank you for the inquiry.